Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 18th, 2024, 9:45pm

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login Register Register
Arimaa Forum « Strangest thing ever :S »

Arimaa Forum
   Arimaa
   General Discussion
(Moderator: supersamu)
   Strangest thing ever :S
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Strangest thing ever :S  (Read 1914 times)
Patrik
Forum Junior Member

Arimaa player #4888

Strangest thing ever :S
« on: Feb 19th, 2010, 12:20pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Hey
I ordered beginning arimaa for some weeks ago. Today I got it delivered. After reading a few sides and checking the overall content of the book I was very confused. Afters some research I fond out what had happened.
What had happened was that I got the bok "Then Why Do I Have Toenails?" and the only thing I got from beginning arimaa was the cover :S. So in other words I got a book with the beginning arimaa cover and with "Then Why Do I Have Toenails?" content.
Did anyone else had this very strange problem?

This was the link I used when I ordered:
http://www.amazon.com/Beginning-Arimaa-Reborn-Computer-Comprehension/dp/ 0982427409/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1266608886&sr=1-1
IP Logged
Adanac
Forum Guru

Arimaa player #892

Email

Re: Strangest thing ever :S
« Reply #1 on: Feb 19th, 2010, 1:10pm »

on Feb 19th, 2010, 12:20pm, Patrik wrote:
Hey
I ordered beginning arimaa for some weeks ago. Today I got it delivered. After reading a few sides and checking the overall content of the book I was very confused. Afters some research I fond out what had happened.
What had happened was that I got the bok "Then Why Do I Have Toenails?" and the only thing I got from beginning arimaa was the cover :S. So in other words I got a book with the beginning arimaa cover and with "Then Why Do I Have Toenails?" content.
Did anyone else had this very strange problem?

This was the link I used when I ordered:
http://www.amazon.com/Beginning-Arimaa-Reborn-Computer-Comprehension/dp/ 0982427409/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1266608886&sr=1-1

That is very strange, I've heard of that with CDs but never with a book!  Does the book at least explain whether rabbits & elephants have toenails?
IP Logged

Eltripas
Forum Guru

Meh-he-kah-naw

« Reply #2 on: Feb 19th, 2010, 1:32pm »

Well, now you will know  "How To Be The Best Atheist You Can Be."

At least they should have delivered The Atheist Camel Chronicles

But seriously I don't know what you should do, I never bought physical things on line.
« Last Edit: Feb 19th, 2010, 3:01pm by Eltripas » IP Logged
Fritzlein
Forum Guru

Arimaa player #706

Email

« Reply #3 on: Feb 19th, 2010, 3:34pm »

That is truly bizarre.  I hope that this hasn't happened to anyone else, because it would eventually lower the average rating for "Beginning Arimaa".    Angry  Fortunately, since the books are printed and bound one at a time, exactly when they are ordered, you are probably the only one to whom it has happened, except for the fellow who got a book about Arimaa inside the cover of "Then Why Do I Have Toenails?".

Of course Amazon will send you a replacement if you explain what happened.  And I'd hang on to the mistake as well; it could be worth a bundle when Arimaa hits the big time.  Smiley
IP Logged

Arimabuff
Forum Guru

Arimaa player #2764

« Reply #4 on: Feb 20th, 2010, 1:03am »

Tough toenails.

(Sorry I couldn't resist.  Grin)
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Arimaa Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.