Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 7th, 2024, 8:23pm

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login Register Register
Arimaa Forum « The Teamspeak chat room: »

Arimaa Forum
   Arimaa
   General Discussion
(Moderator: supersamu)
   The Teamspeak chat room:
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: The Teamspeak chat room:  (Read 829 times)
Arimabuff
Forum Guru

Arimaa player #2764

The Teamspeak chat room:
« on: Apr 9th, 2010, 12:34am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Can't we use it on a regular basis, whenever we feel like it that is? I think it would be interesting if we could actually hear what everyone of us sounds like. Not to mention that I badly need the practice, I hadn't realized until yesterday, how much my oral English has gotten rusty.  

Anyway, that's food for thought.
IP Logged
omar
Forum Guru

Arimaa player #2

Re: The Teamspeak chat room:
« Reply #1 on: Apr 9th, 2010, 3:48pm »

Yes, you can use it at anytime. But chances are low that others will be there at the same time when an event game is not in progress. I don't think I can interface it with the gameroom to show how many people are in the TeamSpeak room; so no one will know you are there. I think the only way to get multiple people there at the same time is by announcing it in the gameroom. Maybe we can have weekly gatherings there, if there's interest; kind of like a virtual Arimaa club Smiley
IP Logged
Janzert
Forum Guru

Arimaa player #247

« Reply #2 on: Apr 9th, 2010, 6:59pm »

If you are interested in having the number of people on the TS server displayed in the gameroom, it looks like the this information is fairly easily available over a simple tcp socket and text protocol. The details can be found in the server query manual at the teamspeak literature page. Although I haven't actually tried it out so there may be hidden difficulties in making it work.

Janzert
IP Logged
omar
Forum Guru

Arimaa player #2

« Reply #3 on: Apr 11th, 2010, 2:15pm »

Thanks for the link Brian.
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Arimaa Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.