Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 3rd, 2024, 7:13am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login Register Register
Arimaa Forum « Arimaa local players Group Idea »

Arimaa Forum
   Arimaa
   General Discussion
(Moderator: supersamu)
   Arimaa local players Group Idea
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Arimaa local players Group Idea  (Read 1070 times)
rajmahendra
Forum Senior Member

Raj

rajeshblog  
Email

Arimaa local players Group Idea
« on: Apr 16th, 2010, 3:04am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Hi,

Its quiet long time I posted in the forum! Back now!!

As we are discussing about creating Titles, Association etc I like to give one more idea  . Arimaa Clubhouse!
If you are a IT Java professional you may come across a java group culture called JUG (Java User Group ) This is spread across world like. Kansas City Java User Group , Chicago Java Users Group , Portland Java User Group, India Java User Group and so on.  It’s a community guidlines suggested by the Java Community on how to create a  java community of in your own place to help each other.  

For more info on JUG:

https://jugs.dev.java.net/objectives.html

http://wiki.java.net/bin/view/JUGs/JUGsFAQ

I am thinking of same community creation for Arimaa. We call this as say…  Arimaa Clubhouse or say Indian/ Chicago/ [or any name] (Arimaa) Clubhouse (You can call anything you like. I took this from World League team name; it sounds nice for me like User Group.) .  

Anyone who is interested to spread or have some group of people in their city to play Arimaa, can start this Clubhouse. We need to formalize the best practices, guidance and how this clubhouse can be built.  

To do this we need to have:
1) A page dedicated in our website title Arimaa Clubhouse which gives all ideas  on creating club and list of club near you.
2) From each Clubhouse there must be 1 or 3 max representative (Team Lead) .
3) They can create a page in the wiki for their club house about their club, people, address, activity etc.
4) This clubhouse can participate in World League. ( this will increase more team in future and more people to play Arimaa)

Let me know what you think about this?
IP Logged

megajester
Forum Guru

Istanbul, Turkey

Email

Re: Arimaa local players Group Idea
« Reply #1 on: Apr 16th, 2010, 5:31am »

Have you checked out the 2010 Arimaa World League section yet? We already have "clubhouses", although at the moment they consist of forum threads. This sounds like it could be an excellent way to upgrade the League infrastructure and prepare new teams for entry into future Leagues.
IP Logged

rajmahendra
Forum Senior Member

Raj

rajeshblog  
Email

« Reply #2 on: Apr 16th, 2010, 5:48am »

@ megajester
Yes i checked in the forum category one. from there only i took the name Clubhouse Smiley

If you play GO in KGS you can see a team match like the Battlefield! we can do a similar one! http://www.kgsclans.co.uk/  they call it clan system.

If team increase we can make it a regular game. so many team divide them and put them in game.
IP Logged

omar
Forum Guru

Arimaa player #2

« Reply #3 on: Apr 19th, 2010, 8:47am »

Hi Raj; good to see you back. The idea of setting up a wiki page to provide guidance and suggestions on how to create a local Arimaa club sounds like a good idea.

I can set you up with a wiki account if you would like to get it started.
IP Logged
rajmahendra
Forum Senior Member

Raj

rajeshblog  
Email

« Reply #4 on: May 1st, 2010, 8:11am »

Thank you omar Smiley

I have only one guy to play but he need to be regular to start one! some people are kids.. not yet curious. they play only when we meet.  

No active people yet Sad  

IP Logged

Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Arimaa Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.