Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Apr 25th, 2024, 12:10am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login Register Register
Arimaa Forum « BGG "Arimaa awards" badges proposal »

Arimaa Forum
   Arimaa
   General Discussion
(Moderator: supersamu)
   BGG "Arimaa awards" badges proposal
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1 2 3 4  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: BGG "Arimaa awards" badges proposal  (Read 17408 times)
novacat
Forum Guru

Arimaa player #751

Re: BGG "Arimaa awards" badges proposal
« Reply #15 on: Feb 25th, 2011, 5:24pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

on Feb 24th, 2011, 8:14am, UruramTururam wrote:
To Omar: I was thinking about sending e-mails to eligible people. Not all of them read this forum frequently, and you have the e-mail database of all registered people. Maybe even some of them, absent for several months, will be lured back?..

If you look at a person's profile, there is a "Message" link that leads to an e-mail messaging window.
IP Logged

Janzert
Forum Guru

Arimaa player #247

« Reply #16 on: Feb 25th, 2011, 7:33pm »

OpFor - Brian Haskin - (Janzert)  

Should be Janzert on BGG as well. Although I visit only rarely, usually to find a new game that looks worthy of a try.

Janzert
IP Logged
omar
Forum Guru

Arimaa player #2

« Reply #17 on: Feb 25th, 2011, 7:34pm »

To Omar: I was thinking about sending e-mails to eligible people. Not all of them read this forum frequently, and you have the e-mail database of all registered people. Maybe even some of them, absent for several months, will be lured back?..

Yes, I can help with this. I can send an email to all the eligible users that they can claim their badges on BGG. Also next time I sent an announcement to everyone, I can mention that you can now earn Arimaa related badges for BGG.
IP Logged
omar
Forum Guru

Arimaa player #2

« Reply #18 on: Feb 25th, 2011, 7:36pm »

on Feb 25th, 2011, 5:24pm, novacat wrote:

If you look at a person's profile, there is a "Message" link that leads to an e-mail messaging window.

Yes, but it might be quite tedious to do it this way. Since a list of the Arimaa usernames has been compiled already, I should be able to work from this and do it with less effort.
IP Logged
UruramTururam
Forum Guru

Arimaa player #2537

« Reply #19 on: Feb 26th, 2011, 2:30am »

Badges are pending final approval on BGG: http://boardgamegeek.com/microbadges/list/pending

At the very beginning they will be assigned to people I identified on the list above. Then it depends - if the admins give me the rights to assign them manually I could assign them fairly quickly, but I don't count on this. Probably I'll have to send the update lists to the admnis from time to time. In that case I guess the best time for the first update is just after the Challenge is over - we could feed the system with names of people who achieved something this year and those who are identified later than the first list was posted (starting with Janzert). These nicknames - identified but not yet submitted - will be underlined on the list.
« Last Edit: Feb 26th, 2011, 10:32am by UruramTururam » IP Logged

Caffa et bucella per attactionem corporum venit ad stomachum meum.
BGG Arimaa badges - get your own one!
omar
Forum Guru

Arimaa player #2

« Reply #20 on: Mar 2nd, 2011, 10:47am »

What instructions should I give the people in the list you have compiled for claiming their award badge on BGG?
IP Logged
UruramTururam
Forum Guru

Arimaa player #2537

« Reply #21 on: Mar 2nd, 2011, 12:24pm »

The badges are still in the pending queue...  Lips Sealed

When they are on (let's wait with fingers crossed) I'll check the conditions BGG admins put on the technical update rules. This may alter what I think is OK by now.

Yet the general instructions I suggest are as follows:

1) If they have accounts on BGG, let them get me know what are their nicknames there. Just like Janzert did above.

2) If they don't have accounts on BGG, I think it's a good idea to encourage them to make accounts at http://boardgamegeek.com/register . Then they may follow step 1.  Wink Note that even their account will never be used then, the badges would be awarded, and they will contribute to the general number of the badges (that may encourage other people on BGG to get interested in Arimaa).

3) This is something I'm not yet sure, but probably the time the badges will be awarded to every next group of people would be slightly after the Challenge matches are finished. So in order to get badges this year I should know BGG nicknames before then. But this may well be changed by any info I get from BGG.
IP Logged

chessandgo
Forum Guru

Arimaa player #1889

« Reply #22 on: Mar 6th, 2011, 7:35am »

Cool Smiley I've registered to BGG as "Jeaan".
IP Logged

UruramTururam
Forum Guru

Arimaa player #2537

« Reply #23 on: Mar 10th, 2011, 8:59am »

You are added Jean!

Meanwhile:
Something strange is going on on BGG regarding the microbadges.  Huh I guess we should wait for the situation to clarify.
IP Logged

Adanac
Forum Guru

Arimaa player #892

Email

« Reply #24 on: Mar 10th, 2011, 9:12am »

on Mar 10th, 2011, 8:59am, UruramTururam wrote:
You are added Jean!

Meanwhile:
Something strange is going on on BGG regarding the microbadges.  Huh I guess we should wait for the situation to clarify.

My user ID is "grmagne".  I wasn't sure if I was missing the badges because of technical difficulties or if you didn't know why user ID.  Thanks!
IP Logged

UruramTururam
Forum Guru

Arimaa player #2537

« Reply #25 on: Mar 10th, 2011, 9:32am »

I've added you to the list, Greg. Smiley

Currently the badges are not online. When they are the first group of people will receive them. Currently I'm collecting BGG nicknames for the second group (first update, underlined on the general list a few posts above, I have 4 players on that list now).  

It seems that a BGG admin made a mistake during the badge approval procedure so I can see the process half (or in fact 1/3) done. I'll keep informing you all about the progress.
IP Logged

UruramTururam
Forum Guru

Arimaa player #2537

« Reply #26 on: Mar 13th, 2011, 2:09pm »

Good news: badges are accepted.
Bad news: things are still messed up.

I'm writing a letter to a higher level BGG admin to make all the necessary corrections. When they are made I'll write here more.
« Last Edit: Mar 13th, 2011, 2:11pm by UruramTururam » IP Logged

UruramTururam
Forum Guru

Arimaa player #2537

Re: BGG "Arimaa awards" badges proposalJ
« Reply #27 on: Mar 15th, 2011, 3:00pm »

There are still issues to be solved (for example there are problems with assigning a badge to woh as his BGG nickname starts with a space), but I hope they will be solved one after another.

Generally:

The BGG Arimaa Award microbadges are on!

They are awarded to the first group of people, the next list of BGG nicknames will be submitted after Challenge is over (late April - early May).

Guidelines for eligible people (to send to them by e-mail, perhaps):
  • Eligible people who have BGG accounts but they are not in the first group are asked to send their BGG nicknames to me, or post them here in this topic. Currently for the second group I have the following nicknames registered: Jeaan, grmagne, Janzert, Wily Jeneric.
  • Eligible people who don't have accounts on BGG are encouraged to make ones here: http://boardgamegeek.com/register . A special encouragement goes to horse badge winners: fotland, jdb, tize and lightvector!

Guidelines for everyone who has a BGG account and want to promote Arimaa there (could be sent to everyone as an add-on to another info):
IP Logged

mistre
Forum Guru

« Reply #28 on: Mar 18th, 2011, 11:11pm »

Thanks for the BGG badge - I got my Rabbit.  I actually am not sure if I should get a Dog one too.  I played in the Arimaa Challenge in 2008 and won my one and only game.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arimaa
IP Logged

UruramTururam
Forum Guru

Arimaa player #2537

« Reply #29 on: Mar 19th, 2011, 11:44am »

As proposed by Omar and generalized as a rule by myself in order to get a dog badge a player should win  more than a half of the number of games the human players are expected to play that year. So if it was normally three games to play, two of them needed to be won. This applies to both primary and auxiliary defenders. So playing just one game and winning it places you in quite an unlucky state where you are 100% winning but not eligible for the badge.
IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Arimaa Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.