Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Apr 20th, 2024, 3:54am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login Register Register
Arimaa Forum « bot_ziltoid for sale »

Arimaa Forum
   Arimaa
   General Discussion
(Moderator: supersamu)
   bot_ziltoid for sale
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: bot_ziltoid for sale  (Read 5398 times)
rbarreira
Forum Guru

Arimaa player #1621

bot_ziltoid for sale
« on: Apr 1st, 2013, 3:55pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

By request from a few people, I ported ziltoid to windows. The bot is meant for analyzing positions only, it does not contain any user-friendly GUI.

The price is 100 sek (which is currently about $15 or 12 €). If you are interested you can pay by paypal or in Arimaa points. PM me or email rbarreira@gmail.com for details.

Here is the README file to give you an idea of how easy/hard it is to use:

Code:
NOTE: Before using the bot for the first time, it's recommended to look at the "Options" section of this file and configure the bot (default is to use four cores, 128 MB of memory for the hash table and unsafe pruning enabled).

For any questions or bug reports, email me at rbarreira@gmail.com or post in the relevant thread at the Arimaa forum:

http://arimaa.com/arimaa/forum/cgi/YaBB.cgi?board=talk;action=display;num=1364849727

==========
How to use
==========

The easiest way to run the bot on a position is to use the Javascript plan window on the Arimaa website:

1- Click the "M" button (located on the right side), which shows you the move list in a new browser tab.

2- Click the list of moves, press CTRL+A to select all moves, then press CTRL+C to copy them.

3- Double-click the "analyze" file in the bot's folder.

The bot will then start analyzing the position reached with the list of moves that was copied to the clipboard. The last displayed variation is the best move found so far. Variations are displayed in square from/square to notation.

If the analysis time runs out, or the bot finds a forced win/loss/move it will display the best found move in standard Arimaa notation.

=====================
Options (options.txt)
=====================

threads        : number of threads to use (from 1 to 32, set it to number of CPU cores you want the bot to use).

hash           : size of hash table in Megabytes (must be a power of two, for example 1024 which means 1 Gigabyte)

unsafe_pruning : Whether to allow the bot to perform certain kinds of unsafe pruning which make analysis noticeably faster, but introduce a small probability of mistakes in analysis. A value of 1 enables unsafe pruning, a value of 0 disables it.

tcturntime     : Maximum time allowed for analysis in seconds (the bot leaves a margin of up to 5 seconds, so it may think for a slightly shorter amount of time)

=============================
Excluding moves from analysis
=============================

If you want to exclude moves from analysis, you can add lines to the file excluded_moves.txt.

Each line should contain a move hash (for example 0xc7b3a769fa5370cc). You can get copy paste these move hashes from the bot's output.

This feature is useful for example to check if a winning move in a puzzle is unique - you let the bot find the winning move, exclude it and re-run the analysis to see if another equally deep win is found.

======
Author
======

Ricardo Barreira, rbarreira@gmail.com

This software is provided in compliance with Section 2 of the Arimaa Public License. License #111126.
« Last Edit: Apr 8th, 2013, 7:44am by rbarreira » IP Logged
supersamu
Forum Moderator
Forum Guru

Arimaa player #7523

Re: Ziltoid for Windows
« Reply #1 on: Apr 1st, 2013, 6:49pm »

I bought the program one hour ago and I can´t wait to use it extensively to search my past postal games for missed goals and missed tactical opportunities. It´s working fine and I haven´t seen any bugs yet. I think this bot is a good tool to refine goal tactics and tactics in general. Anyone who bought the home version of bot_bomb surely doesn´t want to miss this opportunity. Thanks rbarreira!
IP Logged

omar
Forum Guru

Arimaa player #2

Re: bot_ziltoid for sale
« Reply #2 on: Apr 11th, 2013, 11:46pm »

That's great. Thanks for making the bot available. I would really love to play your bot on my Android. It would be great if you and David Wu could collaborate to add a GUI on your engine.
IP Logged
Nobodo
Forum Junior Member

Arimaa player #8968

Re: bot_ziltoid for sale
« Reply #3 on: Dec 30th, 2014, 2:45pm »

Hi, rbarreira.

Is ziltoid still for sale?

Thanks!
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Arimaa Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.