Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 2nd, 2024, 8:26am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login Register Register
Arimaa Forum « The Psychology of Arimaa »

Arimaa Forum
   Arimaa
   General Discussion
(Moderator: supersamu)
   The Psychology of Arimaa
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: The Psychology of Arimaa  (Read 1125 times)
mistre
Forum Guru

The Psychology of Arimaa
« on: May 28th, 2014, 1:29pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

No other game has quite captured my attention and dedication for so long - I have been playing Arimaa for 7+ years now.

2000+ games and I still see new things every game and don't expect this to stop.

One of the alluring things about Arimaa which also can be the most frustrating thing is the constant swing between confidence and despair.  I can go on a long winning streak and feel invincible and on top of the world.  But then out of nowhere, I can also go on a long losing streak in which I feel like I am a terrible player and nothing I do is right.  What other game can evoke such strong contrasts of emotion?

Even within one game you can have your emotions swing from confidence to despair several times (especially in race type games).

Arimaa is a very very rare game - it is something that I feel I could never truly master (which means it will never get old), but also I feel I do improve my game incrementally over time.  Even though sometimes I don't feel like it (the despair talking).

Here's to another 2000+ games!

p.s. oh how i really hate those blitz bots at times!
IP Logged

Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Arimaa Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.