Board Game Geek Arimaa Award Badges
The Arimaa Award Badges program on BoardGameGeek.com was designed and setup by Ururam Tururam (UruramTururam) based on a proposal at BGG (http://boardgamegeek.com/thread/600304/tournament-signup).
Since the golden elephant is reserved for the buyable "Arimaa fan" badge, silver pieces were used for the design of a set of "Arimaa awards" badges.
The following rules were adopted for awarding the badges. See http://arimaa.com/arimaa/forum/cgi/YaBB.cgi?board=talk;action=display;num=1297805501
- Elephant - "Arimaa Grand Prize". Currently held by the founder of Arimaa Challenge. It will be awarded to the developer of the very computer program that wins the challenge when such a fact occurs.
- Camel - "Arimaa World Champion". Awarded to human players who won Arimaa World Championship at least once.
- Horse - "Arimaa Challenge program developer". Awarded to developers of Arimaa playing programs that won either Arimaa Computer Championship or the Arimaa Challenge Qualification.
- Dog - "Arimaa Challenge defender". Awarded to human players who played at least once in the Arimaa Challenge winning more than a half of the number of games the human players are expected to play that year.
- Cat - "Arimaa Computer Championship developer". Awarded to developers of bots that played in Arima Computer Championship tournaments (including qualification tournaments). Note: the Arimaa microbadge manager may decide not to award this badge to a developer of a bot that malfunctioned repetitively (submitting bad moves, hanging, etc.).
- Rabbit - "Arimaa World Championship player". Awarded to players who participated in World Championship tournaments including qualification ones. Note: the Arimaa microbadge manager may decide not to award this badge to a player who dropped from the tournament or resigned repetitively.
Obtaining Your Badge
- Check this page for your Arimaa gameroom username: http://arimaa.com/arimaa/forum/cgi/YaBB.cgi?board=talk;action=display;num=1297805501;start=0#14
- Eligible people who have BGG accounts are asked to send their BGG nicknames to Ururam Tururam along with which badge they are eligible for. He can be contacted via the BGG message system or the Arimaa forum message system http://arimaa.com/arimaa/forum/cgi/YaBB.cgi?board=;action=imsend;to=UruramTururam
- Eligible people who don't have accounts on BGG are encouraged to make ones here: http://boardgamegeek.com/register .
Promoting Arimaa on BGG
- If you are not registered on BGG - register here: http://boardgamegeek.com/register .
- Register as an Arimaa Fan! Go here: http://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/4616/arimaa and near the top right corner of the page find the heart icon and the "Become a fan" text. Click it!
- Submit your ranking for Arimaa. Go here: http://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/4616/arimaa scroll this page to the left and go the following way: user information -> add a copy to your collection -> rating. Click on N/A and submit your rating. If you find that Arimaa is the best game ever submit 10, if you think it's just great submit 9.
- Write a review. Use this link: http://boardgamegeek.com/article/create/thing/4616/63 .
- Buy the "Arimaa fan" microbadge. If you have 8 GeekGold (the BGG currency) you can buy this badge here: http://www.boardgamegeek.com/geekmicrobadge.php?action=view&badgeid=3072 .
- Display your BGG Arimaa badges. If you have either the fan badge or any of the award badges - put them on display! Use this link: http://www.boardgamegeek.com/microbadge/edit and set appropriate display slots for your badges.