Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Mar 28th, 2024, 5:31am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login Register Register
Arimaa Forum « Emails not working? »

Arimaa Forum
   Arimaa
   Site Discussion
(Moderator: supersamu)
   Emails not working?
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Emails not working?  (Read 2335 times)
dree12
Forum Senior Member

Arimaa player #4082

Emails not working?
« on: Jun 10th, 2014, 9:17pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Hello all,

I am not sure if the gameroom emails are working. When I use the "forgot password" link, no email is received. Additionally, I have not received any notification about autopostal games.

As far as I know the emails are not being sent to any junk folders.

Should I be concerned? If so, what should I do?

Edit: I found out that this has already been discussed: http://arimaa.com/arimaa/forum/cgi/YaBB.cgi?board=siteIssues;action=disp lay;num=1391239688.

However, the previous discussion had no solution or workaround aside from changing the email address.
« Last Edit: Jun 10th, 2014, 10:23pm by dree12 » IP Logged
clyring
Forum Guru

Arimaa player #6218

Re: Emails not working?
« Reply #1 on: Jun 19th, 2014, 3:13pm »

Oh, this may be related to your issue with hearing back from the contact page. If you lack any sort of administrative power over your email server, I doubt you can do anything about this except use a different address for this.
IP Logged

I administer the Endless Endgame Event (EEE). Players welcome!
dree12
Forum Senior Member

Arimaa player #4082

« Reply #2 on: Jun 24th, 2014, 4:54pm »

on Jun 19th, 2014, 3:13pm, clyring wrote:
Oh, this may be related to your issue with hearing back from the contact page. If you lack any sort of administrative power over your email server, I doubt you can do anything about this except use a different address for this.

I changed my email address. Should I resubmit the Contact page?
IP Logged
Laurentiu
Forum Newbie

Arimaa player #9839

« Reply #3 on: Aug 20th, 2014, 10:56pm »

I had a similar problem when trying to create an account a couple of days ago.

The creation seemingly succeeded, but I never received the password email. When I tried to connect with a random password, it told me that it doesn't match the one on the server. I tried the "Forget Password" button and I never received anything. I also completed the contact form but I never got a confirmation or an answer.

Eventually, I created another account using a different email account, so now I'm fine, but other people may be prevented from joining the site by this issue.
IP Logged
Manuel
Forum Guru

Arimaa player #4020

« Reply #4 on: Aug 26th, 2014, 5:18am »

So is there currently a way to retrieve forgotten passwords?
Yesterday my wife was going to play a game again after 3 years of inactivity, but she had forgotten her password. Creating a new account was unwanted because then she looses her history, but even turned out impossible: "an account already exists for this email-adress".

In the end she has played her game under my account as an unrated game…

Is there any way to retrieve or change her password without first having to log in with her name?
IP Logged
browni3141
Forum Guru

Arimaa player #7014

« Reply #5 on: Aug 26th, 2014, 1:03pm »

In the login page, if you type in your username or email, and click the "Forgot Password" button, you will have one sent to your e-mail address.
If you don't receive the password e-mail then I think the only way would be to contact omar.

Edit: I see that other people have had trouble getting a response, but omar usually comes through for me when I try to contact him. Have you still gotten nothing?
« Last Edit: Aug 26th, 2014, 1:05pm by browni3141 » IP Logged

Manuel
Forum Guru

Arimaa player #4020

« Reply #6 on: Aug 29th, 2014, 2:15am »

The "Forgot Password" e-mail does not get through and Omar did not yet respond on trying to contact him via the "Contact" link.
Any other ideas?
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Arimaa Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.