Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Apr 19th, 2024, 1:19pm

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login Register Register
Arimaa Forum « 2015 Move 22g »

Arimaa Forum
   Team Games
   2009 One vs TheMob
(Moderators: supersamu, RonWeasley)
   2015 Move 22g
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1 2  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: 2015 Move 22g  (Read 4432 times)
deep_blue
Forum Guru

Arimaa player #9854

Re: 2015 Move 22g
« Reply #15 on: May 12th, 2016, 1:18pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

on May 12th, 2016, 6:10am, Hippo wrote:

?? Here were 4 options, you have asked if there should be some more options, I have answered there was 5th and in the poll there are just 3.

Oh stupid me ... I have added move already included ...
The move what was missing was
22g Rb2n Rb3e Rc4w Rc3w
Never mind ... I am missing the resign option ...

Oh, sorry I didn't include the move. I only saw you mentioned a move already in. I think I kept your one out because you yourself mentioned it doesn't look better (back then). As for resigning, yeah that one is not there. I decided that we should keep going as long as people are still discussing. (though that might be the wrong way now that I think of it: if noone discusses noone will mention resigning; dunno, if anyone wants to resign post here)
IP Logged
Hippo
Forum Guru

Arimaa player #4450

« Reply #16 on: May 12th, 2016, 1:29pm »

OK, I vote for resign. And I consider all remaining options equal ... and I am not voting in the poll. ... that does not meen I would not continue discussing our options if the resing will be overvoted Smiley.
« Last Edit: May 12th, 2016, 1:31pm by Hippo » IP Logged

half_integer
Forum Guru

Arimaa player #8819

« Reply #17 on: May 12th, 2016, 8:44pm »

As far as resigning, speaking generally and not based on the position, I think we should resign if we get to the point where enthusiasm for the discussion wanes and we feel that we're not getting the best moves due to lack of Mob participation, or that no hope for a win is expressed and we feel we'll just be delaying loss as long as possible.

Given the investment in this type of game, I think that is only respectful to lightvector's time.  It also has the benefit that we can do the post-game analysis and discussion with lightvector sooner rather than later, while there is still more interest in the game.

Just my opinion.  I myself will have less time to spend on the game for a while.
IP Logged
deep_blue
Forum Guru

Arimaa player #9854

« Reply #18 on: May 12th, 2016, 11:20pm »

As for interest waining and mob not finding best moves, I have the feeling that this already happened long ago...

I'll ask the question differently: Who *truly* feels like we should play on?
IP Logged
Hufflepup
Forum Guru

Arimaa player #9233

« Reply #19 on: May 15th, 2016, 3:32am »

Normally I'm in the no resign camp, having said that with only 3 votes in the last poll we are barely a mob any more, and I don't think anyones been able to find any good moves since we abandoned the horse frame. Against a player of cyborg_Sharps skill this is clearly a lost position, so I don't mind resigning if everyone else feels the same way.
IP Logged
deep_blue
Forum Guru

Arimaa player #9854

« Reply #20 on: May 16th, 2016, 5:48am »

I ended the poll, the Mob resigned.
Thanks for all who participated, unfortunately it were getting fewer and fewer towards the end so this is the logical conclusion.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 2  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Arimaa Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.