Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Apr 26th, 2024, 1:01pm

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login Register Register
Arimaa Forum « Yankees Clubhouse »

Arimaa Forum
   Team Games
   2010 Arimaa World League
(Moderators: megajester, supersamu)
   Yankees Clubhouse
« Previous topic | No topic »
Pages: 1 2 3  Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Yankees Clubhouse  (Read 7026 times)
nycavri
Forum Senior Member

Arimaa player #2416

Re: Yankees Clubhouse
« Reply #15 on: Dec 15th, 2009, 10:39am »

Hi, novacat (or anyone else who can answer).  When and where will the league (preseason) game times be listed?
IP Logged
novacat
Forum Guru

Arimaa player #751

« Reply #16 on: Dec 15th, 2009, 11:16am »

I don't know exactly when the games are going to be scheduled, but when they are, you will see them at the bottom of the game room under "Scheduled Games."  Your game will also appear under "My Games."  Both places show the time the game will start.  

novacat
IP Logged

novacat
Forum Guru

Arimaa player #751

« Reply #17 on: Dec 21st, 2009, 12:41pm »

Thank you Sconibulus and nycavri for representing the Yankees in the friendly tournament!
IP Logged

nycavri
Forum Senior Member

Arimaa player #2416

« Reply #18 on: Dec 22nd, 2009, 7:44pm »

May have been a loss, but that was the cleanest, most satisfying game of Arimaa I've ever played.  League play can only improve my game, and I look forward to scoring some 3s rather than 1s for the Yanks!
IP Logged
novacat
Forum Guru

Arimaa player #751

« Reply #19 on: Mar 11th, 2010, 6:12am »

Hi team,

We have a decision to make about how many games to play in the upcoming tournament.  What are your thoughts?  Are you available to play in April?

Try to look for new recruits, as this will allow us to vary who is playing and/or play more games.

IP Logged

nycavri
Forum Senior Member

Arimaa player #2416

« Reply #20 on: Mar 11th, 2010, 6:40am »

April is fine for me, and I'm happy to play a couple of games.  Could be talked in to more if necessary.
IP Logged
rabbits
Forum Guru

Arimaa player #1337

« Reply #21 on: Mar 17th, 2010, 9:06pm »

Count me in!
IP Logged

novacat
Forum Guru

Arimaa player #751

« Reply #22 on: Mar 24th, 2010, 5:25am »

Megajester and I feel that we may get more players if we change the Club name to something more people can embrace.  Yankees is very northeast U.S. and often creates strong feelings (whether for or against) in sports fans. Megajester suggested Atlantics as it can easily include many other countries as well as the eastern U.S.  

What does everyone think about changing the name? Suggestions for new names are welcome.
IP Logged

Sconibulus
Forum Guru

Arimaa player #4633

« Reply #23 on: Mar 25th, 2010, 5:42am »

I'm not sure how necessary changing the name really is, after all, I'm one of those southerner types and we still rankle from that War of Northern Aggression, and yet I'm here : () )

(would you believe a couple of my teachers in middle and high schools actually called it that?)

If we do insist on a name change though... how about the Fighting Cod, I think they spawn mostly on the East Coast, from about Maryland/Virginia region up through the Hudson Bay... I might be misremembering though, but even if so, there's something amusing about fighting codfish.
IP Logged

Fritzlein
Forum Guru

Arimaa player #706

Email

« Reply #24 on: Mar 25th, 2010, 6:37am »

If you change the team name to "Atlantics" I will lose much of my motivation to beat the stuffing out of you.  D**n Yankees...
« Last Edit: Mar 25th, 2010, 6:37am by Fritzlein » IP Logged

nycavri
Forum Senior Member

Arimaa player #2416

« Reply #25 on: Mar 25th, 2010, 10:00am »

As an actual New Yorker and Yankee fan, I like the name.  Are people really avoiding the team because of the name, or are there just fewer Arimaa.com members in the North / North Eastern USA?

Atlantics is an acceptible alternate name if a name change is necessary.
IP Logged
novacat
Forum Guru

Arimaa player #751

« Reply #26 on: Mar 28th, 2010, 8:44pm »

Very well, I see two votes for keeping the name and one challenge from Fritzlein versus the chance Fritz will be ever so slightly more lenient against us.  So, unless there is further discussion, we will remain the Yankees and hold our heads high as we take on any challenger!
IP Logged

ocmiente
Forum Guru

Arimaa player #3996

« Reply #27 on: Mar 29th, 2010, 12:07pm »

If you change the name, I'll sign up with your team.  I was considering it since the roster seems to have fewer members than the other teams - but I could not bring myself to sign up with the 'Yankees'.  The 'Atlantics' is OK with me.  
IP Logged

Fritzlein
Forum Guru

Arimaa player #706

Email

« Reply #28 on: Mar 29th, 2010, 2:26pm »

on Mar 29th, 2010, 12:07pm, ocmiente wrote:
If you change the name, I'll sign up with your team.  I was considering it since the roster seems to have fewer members than the other teams - but I could not bring myself to sign up with the 'Yankees'.  The 'Atlantics' is OK with me.  

Nah, just sign up with the Rockies.  You will get more playing time with us, because we have a player who is unusable due to the salary cap (me).   Grin
IP Logged

nycavri
Forum Senior Member

Arimaa player #2416

« Reply #29 on: Mar 29th, 2010, 6:00pm »

on Mar 29th, 2010, 12:07pm, ocmiente wrote:

Well that answers my question . . .
IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3  Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | No topic »

Arimaa Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.