Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Apr 18th, 2024, 7:54pm

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login Register Register
Arimaa Forum « -- ROCKIES -- »

Arimaa Forum
   Team Games
   2011 Arimaa World League
(Moderators: megajester, supersamu)
   -- ROCKIES --
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1 2 3  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: -- ROCKIES --  (Read 7632 times)
ChrisB
Forum Guru

Arimaa player #2339

Re: -- ROCKIES --
« Reply #15 on: Aug 12th, 2011, 9:25am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

on Aug 12th, 2011, 12:12am, Braveheart wrote:
I'll do what I can, although I should warn you all I'm not the best arimaa player... Anyway, how do we determine who is playing each round, and who manages our budget??

I'll send out personal messages soliciting volunteers to all team members during the week preceding each round.  

To send these messages, I've been using the personal message feature of this forum.  The messages can be accessed by clicking on "Hey, USERNAME, you have X messages" at the top of this page.  To volunteer you can just send me a personal message back or contact me at CPBovee@charter.net.

I'm the one who manages the budget, but input from teammates is welcome.

Hope you'll be able to play in some of the rounds.  Players are paired based on their rating, so chances are good that the games will be pretty evenly matched.
IP Logged

Braveheart
Forum Newbie

Arimaa player #5734

« Reply #16 on: Aug 23rd, 2011, 10:30am »

I may not be able to play in any matches for a little while. Sad I just moved into a new apartment, and until I get reliable internet access I won't be of much use... Sorry guys.
IP Logged
Fritzlein
Forum Guru

Arimaa player #706

Email

« Reply #17 on: Aug 23rd, 2011, 11:32am »

No problem; by the time you get a solid Internet connection we'll be in such a big budget hole that you will get to play every round!  Smiley
IP Logged

ChrisB
Forum Guru

Arimaa player #2339

« Reply #18 on: Sep 1st, 2011, 1:20pm »

Hi Team,

Just letting you know we can still use more volunteers for Round 3, which starts next Wednesday (Sept. 7).  If you're available, let me know by personal message or at CPBovee@charter.net.

Again, new members are most welcome!  There's still plenty of time to join and get on the roster for Round 3.
IP Logged

ChrisB
Forum Guru

Arimaa player #2339

« Reply #19 on: Sep 3rd, 2011, 11:48am »

on Sep 1st, 2011, 1:20pm, ChrisB wrote:
Hi Team,

Just letting you know we can still use more volunteers for Round 3, which starts next Wednesday (Sept. 7).  If you're available, let me know by personal message or at CPBovee@charter.net.

Again, new members are most welcome!  There's still plenty of time to join and get on the roster for Round 3.

Well, we could still use at least one more volunteer.  If you would like to get in on the excitement, please let me know by early afternoon Monday CST (Monday evening GMT).  Thanks!
IP Logged

ChrisB
Forum Guru

Arimaa player #2339

« Reply #20 on: Sep 17th, 2011, 2:12pm »

Hi.

Just letting people know that it's still not too late to join the Rockies.  We still have three more rounds and could use more players at all levels, especially those with little experience.  So, if you're intrigued about getting in on some exciting live action, come on in!
IP Logged

Fritzlein
Forum Guru

Arimaa player #706

Email

« Reply #21 on: Oct 8th, 2011, 10:12pm »

For the record, the Rockies are not going over budget by choice.  I would never have played three rounds if we had had any alternatives.  ChrisB is fielding the three lowest-rated volunteers every single round, whenever he has a choice, which he usually doesn't.  We are already doomed to take a budget penalty, but in order to keep that penalty to a minimum, let me be perfectly clear:

If you are a new player, and you want to be absolutely guaranteed to play next round (i.e. Round 6, the final round) JOIN THE ROCKIES!

(geography is no obstacle)
« Last Edit: Oct 8th, 2011, 10:13pm by Fritzlein » IP Logged

NJames
Forum Full Member

Arimaa player #6842

« Reply #22 on: Oct 15th, 2011, 9:42pm »

I would like to join the Rockies. Living in Ohio I don't feel very Atlantic, and my wife and I have really enjoyed our two trips to Colorado, so Rockies it is!

As far as I can tell, the final round has not been scheduled... so, maybe my 1362 rating can help?  Huh

Go Rockies!
IP Logged

Go !
Fritzlein
Forum Guru

Arimaa player #706

Email

« Reply #23 on: Oct 15th, 2011, 10:39pm »

Woot!  Welcome to the team, NJames!  Your rating will definitely help us.
IP Logged

ChrisB
Forum Guru

Arimaa player #2339

« Reply #24 on: Oct 16th, 2011, 11:02am »

Welcome to the Rockies NJames!

Yes, the roster for the final round is still open.  I'll submit the roster this coming Monday around 6 pm CDT.  The games will take place beween next Wendesday evening and the following Monday afternoon.  If you're available to play then, please let me know, either by email at CPBovee@charter.net, by private message within this forum or smiply in this thread.

Thanks!
ChrisB
IP Logged

NJames
Forum Full Member

Arimaa player #6842

« Reply #25 on: Oct 16th, 2011, 1:44pm »

The times I selected for availability are pretty accurate. I didn't pick any times where I'm truly unavailable, although, the least preferred times might not find me at my best... at say, 3 AM!
IP Logged

Go !
ChrisB
Forum Guru

Arimaa player #2339

« Reply #26 on: Oct 16th, 2011, 2:45pm »

on Oct 16th, 2011, 1:44pm, NJames wrote:
The times I selected for availability are pretty accurate. I didn't pick any times where I'm truly unavailable, although, the least preferred times might not find me at my best... at say, 3 AM!

Great to hear you're all set up!

Actually 3 am could be likely time, since that would be around 8 to 10 am in Europe  But, if you gave that time a low preference, it isn't very likely to be selected.
IP Logged

NJames
Forum Full Member

Arimaa player #6842

« Reply #27 on: Oct 17th, 2011, 7:54am »

If we can field another roster like round 4, but substituting my  jaw-dropping 1362, Shocked we could come in under budget for the season. With the Atlantics facing off against Ring of Fire this round, we have a real shot at taking the #2 rank. Go Rockies!
IP Logged

Go !
ChrisB
Forum Guru

Arimaa player #2339

« Reply #28 on: Oct 17th, 2011, 7:23pm »

on Oct 17th, 2011, 7:54am, NJames wrote:
If we can field another roster like round 4, but substituting my  jaw-dropping 1362, Shocked we could come in under budget for the season. With the Atlantics facing off against Ring of Fire this round, we have a real shot at taking the #2 rank. Go Rockies!

You are in the starting line-up for the upcoming round, NJames!  Thanks for volunteering.

Unfortunately, we can not use your 1362 gameroom rating, since the league is using the peak human vs human whole history ratings (see: http://home.scarlet.be/~woh/whr/whrh.htm), but your 1460 rating there may work out just as well.

Good luck in your upcoming game!
IP Logged

NJames
Forum Full Member

Arimaa player #6842

« Reply #29 on: Oct 17th, 2011, 7:57pm »

I might remember seeing that somewhere... Since it's a peak rating, it seems you would certainly like to have rising players.

Most games have the ratings of the opponents fairly close, does the scheduler arrange that as best it can?
IP Logged

Go !
Pages: 1 2 3  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Arimaa Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.