Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Mar 28th, 2024, 1:53pm

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login Register Register
Arimaa Forum « Radio Czar Wanted! »

Arimaa Forum
   Team Games
   2011 Arimaa World League
(Moderators: megajester, supersamu)
   Radio Czar Wanted!
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1 2 3  ...  5 Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Radio Czar Wanted!  (Read 12059 times)
megajester
Forum Moderator
Forum Guru

Istanbul, Turkey

Email

Radio Czar Wanted!
« on: Oct 22nd, 2011, 2:15pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

For future seasons what we really need is a Radio Czar! Someone to set up the Teamspeak-Radio feed (Omar will provide training), and organize commentators for the major games... It's easy!

Who's up for it??
IP Logged

Fritzlein
Forum Guru

Arimaa player #706

Email

Re: Radio Czar Wanted!
« Reply #1 on: Nov 12th, 2011, 2:08pm »

OK, Omar has trained me as Radio Czar.  (Thanks, Omar!)  We had a test that was successful, albeit brief, during the aaaa vs. Simon game.  Now all that we need is commentators.  For want of a better method, anyone who is willing to give live audio commentary on any AWL game should post here and I will set up the relay for that game.  If you are afraid that you aren't good enough to commentate, just sign up to commentate board 3 for practice.

Somewhere down the road there may be conflicts of multiple people wanting to commentate the same game, but probably not until the World Championship, so I won't work out a procedure for that just yet.
IP Logged

chessandgo
Forum Guru

Arimaa player #1889

« Reply #2 on: Nov 15th, 2011, 11:19am »

I might be up for the Nombril - Fritzlein game on Thursday (not certain yet). I'd obviously be happy to commentate alongside other player(s). Besides asking you to set up the radio relay Karl, is there something different compared to commentating last year?
IP Logged

Fritzlein
Forum Guru

Arimaa player #706

Email

« Reply #3 on: Nov 15th, 2011, 12:16pm »

on Nov 15th, 2011, 11:19am, chessandgo wrote:
I might be up for the Nombril - Fritzlein game on Thursday (not certain yet). I'd obviously be happy to commentate alongside other player(s). Besides asking you to set up the radio relay Karl, is there something different compared to commentating last year?

There is nothing new for being a commentator.  Just show up in TeamSpeak and talk.  The only thing different is that I will be relaying TeamSpeak to the ArimaaRadio (hopefully successfully) so that folks can listen right in the game client without downloading or logging in to anything.  I will have to play the game on a different computer, though, because *all* sounds are relayed.  You would, for example, hear my clock ticking in real time, even if you didn't know why until later.  It seems well to avoid that confusion.

I have tentatively added you as a commentator for the Thursday game.  Let me know if you can't make it.

Anyone else feel free to jump in as a co-commentator or to volunteer for a different game.
« Last Edit: Nov 15th, 2011, 12:17pm by Fritzlein » IP Logged

chessandgo
Forum Guru

Arimaa player #1889

« Reply #4 on: Nov 15th, 2011, 12:25pm »

Hey, the gameroom's already mentions the commentary. Oh come on Smiley

Edit: beaten by Fritzlein. Ok, thanks!
« Last Edit: Nov 15th, 2011, 12:27pm by chessandgo » IP Logged

Fritzlein
Forum Guru

Arimaa player #706

Email

« Reply #5 on: Nov 15th, 2011, 12:39pm »

on Nov 15th, 2011, 12:25pm, chessandgo wrote:
Hey, the gameroom's already mentions the commentary. Oh come on Smiley

Edit: beaten by Fritzlein. Ok, thanks!

Sorry, I realized your commitment was only tentative, so I changed the commentator to be "Jean Daligault maybe", but I could put in another commentator like "Jean Daligault possibly if he feels like it and has the time available"?  If you want me not to put in any commentator name yet, that's OK too.  Smiley
« Last Edit: Nov 15th, 2011, 12:40pm by Fritzlein » IP Logged

Adanac
Forum Guru

Arimaa player #892

Email

« Reply #6 on: Nov 15th, 2011, 12:43pm »

I have to leave at Sunday 10:30am, but that would give me 2 hours 15 minutes to commentate on aaaa-chessandgo.  If I can get a co-commentator to finish the game (if necessary) then I’m OK to do the beginning.

It will be the opposite problem on Thursday for Nombril-Fritzlein.  I’ll get home from work after the game has already started but I could offer to join approximately 30-45 minutes into the broadcast.  We'll see if my Ring of Fire bias kicks in.
IP Logged

Fritzlein
Forum Guru

Arimaa player #706

Email

« Reply #7 on: Nov 15th, 2011, 12:48pm »

on Nov 15th, 2011, 12:43pm, Adanac wrote:
I have to leave at Sunday 10:30am, but that would give me 2 hours 15 minutes to commentate on aaaa-chessandgo.  If I can get a co-commentator to finish the game (if necessary) then I’m OK to do the beginning.

Most games are over by move 65, so I'll just put you down as the commentator, and if the game drags on hopefully someone will jump in to fill the void.

Quote:
It will be the opposite problem on Thursday for Nombril-Fritzlein.  I’ll get home from work after the game has already started but I could offer to join approximately 30-45 minutes into the broadcast.  We'll see if my Ring of Fire bias kicks in.

In that case I'll change the commentator to "Jean Daligault (maybe) and/or Greg Magne (later)" and let folks who don't read the forum figure out what that means.  Smiley

Thanks so much for volunteering to do commentary, guys.  It's a huge service to the community.  This is going to be fun!
« Last Edit: Nov 15th, 2011, 12:50pm by Fritzlein » IP Logged

chessandgo
Forum Guru

Arimaa player #1889

« Reply #8 on: Nov 15th, 2011, 2:13pm »

on Nov 15th, 2011, 12:39pm, Fritzlein wrote:

Sorry, I realized your commitment was only tentative, so I changed the commentator to be "Jean Daligault maybe", but I could put in another commentator like "Jean Daligault possibly if he feels like it and has the time available"?  If you want me not to put in any commentator name yet, that's OK too.  Smiley

No, I'm just kidding Smiley Congrats for th reactivity Smiley
IP Logged

chessandgo
Forum Guru

Arimaa player #1889

« Reply #9 on: Nov 15th, 2011, 2:48pm »

on Nov 15th, 2011, 12:43pm, Adanac wrote:

I'd be delighted!
IP Logged

Nombril
Forum Guru

Arimaa player #4509

Email

« Reply #10 on: Nov 17th, 2011, 1:28pm »

I can *probably* get up in time to give commentary on the novacat vs. woh game.
IP Logged

Fritzlein
Forum Guru

Arimaa player #706

Email

« Reply #11 on: Nov 17th, 2011, 2:52pm »

on Nov 17th, 2011, 1:28pm, Nombril wrote:
I can *probably* get up in time to give commentary on the novacat vs. woh game.

I have added you as the (probably) commentator.  Thanks for volunteering!
IP Logged

chessandgo
Forum Guru

Arimaa player #1889

« Reply #12 on: Nov 18th, 2011, 4:50am »

Where do we upload the audio files? I changed computers and lost the FTP settings.
IP Logged

Fritzlein
Forum Guru

Arimaa player #706

Email

« Reply #13 on: Nov 18th, 2011, 6:58am »

on Nov 18th, 2011, 4:50am, chessandgo wrote:
Where do we upload the audio files? I changed computers and lost the FTP settings.

Does this still work? http://arimaa.com/arimaa/ftp/filemanager/filemanager.php

Thanks so much for recording as well as commentating!
IP Logged

chessandgo
Forum Guru

Arimaa player #1889

« Reply #14 on: Nov 18th, 2011, 11:51am »

Hmm I find an "upload button" but when I choose the file, nothing appears, and it doesn't seem to upload. Wasn't there a way to connect with a FTP client?
IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3  ...  5 Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Arimaa Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.