Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Mar 28th, 2024, 8:50pm

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login Register Register
Arimaa Forum « Announcing Development of bot_tod »

Arimaa Forum
   Arimaa
   Bot Development
(Moderator: supersamu)
   Announcing Development of bot_tod
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Announcing Development of bot_tod  (Read 922 times)
maker
Forum Full Member

bot_tod's maker

Announcing Development of bot_tod
« on: Sep 23rd, 2004, 6:07pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Hey guys,

I just thought I'd let you guys know the name of my soon(2->3 months) to be released bot:  "drumroll please..."  bot_tod!!! Cool  I'm not much of one for cool names, so I thought I'd do the obvious.  Anyway, the idea behind my bot is that the poor Undecided thing will try to 'learn' Huh how to play the game from the masters:  you.  I hope that it will do ok.  Anyway, back to implementation of said bot... Lips Sealed

maker
IP Logged
99of9
Forum Guru

Gnobby's creator (player #314)

toby_hudson  

Re: Announcing Development of bot_tod
« Reply #1 on: Sep 23rd, 2004, 7:14pm »

Now that the historical game database is available, this is finally truly possible.

My bot already tries to learn the weights in its evaluation function from past games it has played, but I haven't had a lot of success yet (ie my hand weighted bot is better).  I think learning from the entire history of arimaa might help!  But I'm yet to try implementing that.

Good luck with your bot.
IP Logged
maker
Forum Full Member

bot_tod's maker

Re: Announcing Development of bot_tod
« Reply #2 on: Sep 23rd, 2004, 10:45pm »

Thanks for the encouragement.  You are right, I wouldn't be able to do this without a database to use as a 'teaching tool' for bot_tod; however, I plan on using it selectively, so that the bot will learn from whom and what games I believe will teach it the most.  Not that I'm that great at learning from my past mistakes(see my record against bot_Arimaazilla), but once I've written the final learning algorithm, I believe I'll know how to make it the strongest it can possibly be.  Of course there's always tweaking...  Shocked  Who could imagine such a thing?

maker
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Arimaa Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.