Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 2nd, 2024, 6:49pm

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login Register Register
Arimaa Forum « Case-based bot »

Arimaa Forum
   Arimaa
   Bot Development
(Moderator: supersamu)
   Case-based bot
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1 2  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Case-based bot  (Read 3391 times)
heroicjanitor
Forum Full Member

Arimaa player #6109

Re: Case-based bot
« Reply #15 on: Apr 5th, 2011, 10:27pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

I gave up and installed linux. It works now.
IP Logged
omar
Forum Guru

Arimaa player #2

« Reply #16 on: Apr 5th, 2011, 11:48pm »

Very strange. Off hand I don't know what might have caused this. Could be that the Perl on windows wasn't working quite the way the script expected it to.
IP Logged
Swynndla
Forum Guru

Arimaa player #1821

« Reply #17 on: Apr 14th, 2011, 7:50am »

on Mar 27th, 2011, 8:47am, Janzert wrote:
Sorry, Python 3 is a new version of the language with several major backward incompatible changes. You'll need to use a Python 2 version for AEI, the most recent is 2.7.

Janzert

A side-note question if I may - If I were to write a bot in python3, then I think I'd be able to run the AEI in python2.7 even though my bot would run python3 (at the same time), right?  I'm assuming this because a bot can be written in any code, independant of the AEI, but I just wanted to check with others that I've got my thinking straight.
IP Logged
Janzert
Forum Guru

Arimaa player #247

« Reply #18 on: Apr 14th, 2011, 1:34pm »

Yep, AEI running under python 2.x with the bot running under python 3.x would be fine.

Janzert
IP Logged
heroicjanitor
Forum Full Member

Arimaa player #6109

« Reply #19 on: May 1st, 2011, 9:09pm »

Hi I have another question, I am trying to use the bot interface kit with my class written in java. It takes the position file and returns the move, as per the instruction, but when I change the bot.cfg file to point at the java file it doesn't work... As an example(even thought it would only work for the first move) I tried to use a Move class with a main method that prints out the setup. When I input java Move to the command line, it prints out the setup. So when I switch the bot.cfg file to point at ./Move (tried java ./Move) it should work for the first move right? It seems it just isn't finding it and I don't know why...
« Last Edit: May 1st, 2011, 9:10pm by heroicjanitor » IP Logged
rbarreira
Forum Guru

Arimaa player #1621

« Reply #20 on: May 2nd, 2011, 2:50am »

on May 1st, 2011, 9:09pm, heroicjanitor wrote:
Hi I have another question, I am trying to use the bot interface kit with my class written in java. It takes the position file and returns the move, as per the instruction, but when I change the bot.cfg file to point at the java file it doesn't work... As an example(even thought it would only work for the first move) I tried to use a Move class with a main method that prints out the setup. When I input java Move to the command line, it prints out the setup. So when I switch the bot.cfg file to point at ./Move (tried java ./Move) it should work for the first move right? It seems it just isn't finding it and I don't know why...

Are you only printing the move? There are other things you need to print at startup, before you print the move. See the "Example Sessions" section in the aei protocol document:

http://arimaa.janzert.com/aei/aei-protocol.html
IP Logged
Janzert
Forum Guru

Arimaa player #247

« Reply #21 on: May 2nd, 2011, 7:44am »

on May 2nd, 2011, 2:50am, rbarreira wrote:

Are you only printing the move? There are other things you need to print at startup, before you print the move. See the "Example Sessions" section in the aei protocol document:

http://arimaa.janzert.com/aei/aei-protocol.html

From a previous comment and the description above I'm pretty sure he is using the older "getmove" interface now. Unfortunately I don't have much experience with that interface or java to guess what the problem might be.

Janzert
IP Logged
rbarreira
Forum Guru

Arimaa player #1621

« Reply #22 on: May 2nd, 2011, 10:56am »

on May 2nd, 2011, 7:44am, Janzert wrote:

From a previous comment and the description above I'm pretty sure he is using the older "getmove" interface now. Unfortunately I don't have much experience with that interface or java to guess what the problem might be.

Janzert

Oops. I guess I mixed up two different threads here.

I don't know about the older interface either, my bot was using AEI from the start.
« Last Edit: May 2nd, 2011, 10:56am by rbarreira » IP Logged
Pages: 1 2  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Arimaa Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.