Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Apr 25th, 2024, 1:02pm

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login Register Register
Arimaa Forum « Arimaa bot, windows, how to challenge others »

Arimaa Forum
   Arimaa
   Bot Development
(Moderator: supersamu)
   Arimaa bot, windows, how to challenge others
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Arimaa bot, windows, how to challenge others  (Read 3239 times)
Waggah
Forum Newbie

Arimaa player #7585

Arimaa bot, windows, how to challenge others
« on: Apr 23rd, 2012, 11:20am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Hi!
I'm trying to build an Arimaa-bot for a class projekt. I'm on windows, so the AEI is a perilous path filled with unknown dangers (read: about 200 third party programs) so I tried the old bot-system and it worked nicely.  
If I run it, it will log in with the sample bot and host a game. If I log in to arimaa myself, I can then see the game, join it, and play against the sample bot. What I want to do, is replace the sample bot with my own(I think I can manage that on my own) and then have it automaticly challenge one of the other registered bots on the site somehow.
I would like to hook everything up like so: I specify the challenger in the cfg-file (or somewhere similar), run the bot-file (perlscript), and my bot logs in and (hopefully) puts up a good fight.  
I dont want to press anything else, the entire match should go automaticly.  
It would be nice if I could watch the game unfould, but a result would suffice otherwise.  

Any help is appreciated!

Thank you for your time.
IP Logged
Janzert
Forum Guru

Arimaa player #247

Re: Arimaa bot, windows, how to challenge others
« Reply #1 on: May 2nd, 2012, 11:28pm »

on Apr 23rd, 2012, 11:20am, Waggah wrote:
Hi!
I'm trying to build an Arimaa-bot for a class projekt. I'm on windows, so the AEI is a perilous path filled with unknown dangers (read: about 200 third party programs) so I tried the old bot-system and it worked nicely.

I don't understand this part at all. AEI should be no harder to set up than the original bot interface. Once they are set up AEI is also very purposefully command compatible with the old interface. I'd really be interested in hearing an expansion on what the problem was.

Quote:
I would like to hook everything up like so: I specify the challenger in the cfg-file (or somewhere similar), run the bot-file (perlscript), and my bot logs in and (hopefully) puts up a good fight.  
I dont want to press anything else, the entire match should go automaticly.

The underlying interface from the arimaa server doesn't provide the ability for a bot interface to do this. You could with some work write a script that would do it for you though. But manually starting a bot on the server then kicking off your own to play against it is pretty easy.

Janzert
IP Logged
Ikki
Forum Full Member

Arimaa player #8506

« Reply #2 on: Apr 19th, 2013, 6:33pm »

on May 2nd, 2012, 11:28pm, Janzert wrote:
 But manually starting a bot on the server then kicking off your own to play against it is pretty easy.

Janzert

Hi Janzert,

could you give me a short explanation about how to achieve that ? How to make a local bot play against a bot on the arimaa server ?

Thanx.
IP Logged
Hippo
Forum Guru

Arimaa player #4450

« Reply #3 on: Apr 22nd, 2013, 3:06pm »

on Apr 19th, 2013, 6:33pm, Ikki wrote:

Hi Janzert,

could you give me a short explanation about how to achieve that ? How to make a local bot play against a bot on the arimaa server ?

Thanx.

The question is on Janzert ... but ... you must register new bot from gameroom menu ... it was not difficult, but I don't remember it.

In the gameroom.cfg you shoud write it's name in the bot section add ...  
username = bot_waggah  
password = [bot_waggah_password]

than invoke gameroom.py with play command naming it's opponnet ...  

I have changed aei a bit to allow invoking with * instead of opponent ... in that case it connects to bot with closest ranking as possible ... I have added restriction later to connect only to bots with simillar rank.
If a suatable bot with opened game is not present, my aei tries to open closest possible server bot ... if there is not big traffic in the gameroom.
IP Logged

Janzert
Forum Guru

Arimaa player #247

« Reply #4 on: Apr 27th, 2013, 6:38pm »

I've kinda been leaving this hoping another developer would jump in since it's been a few years since I've done it and I may be misremembering a few of the details. Wink

As Hippo mentioned you initially register your bot in the Arimaa gameroom. This can be done at http://arimaa.com/arimaa/gameroom/botinfo.cgi. You'll also need configure the interface with the login information. This is in the gameroom.cfg file for AEI.

There is a page on the site for each server bot that allows you to start it and have it create an open game in the gameroom. The full list used to be available by going to the gameroom navigation menu on the top left "Players" -> "Top Rated Bots" then clicking on "Bots Available to Play" but that link seems to be broken. Clicking on "Computer Championship Bots" will give you a list of links to all the CC bots at least. You can probably figure out the form of the url for the rest from there as well. Wink Once you're on the bot page, under the "Player's Control Section" just select which side you want that bot to play and "Start Bot". That will start the open game in the gameroom.

Then from the command line in the AEI directory if your bot is already configured in gameroom.cfg just run "gameroom.py play bot_name_started_above".

Janzert

IP Logged
clyring
Forum Guru

Arimaa player #6218

« Reply #5 on: Apr 27th, 2013, 6:46pm »

The full list of bots can still be browsed, but you will need to go through Play Now > Bots Available instead to find it.
IP Logged

I administer the Endless Endgame Event (EEE). Players welcome!
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Arimaa Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.