Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Apr 24th, 2024, 6:35am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login Register Register
Arimaa Forum « Python 3 compatible AEI package »

Arimaa Forum
   Arimaa
   Bot Development
(Moderator: supersamu)
   Python 3 compatible AEI package
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Python 3 compatible AEI package  (Read 1028 times)
Janzert
Forum Guru

Arimaa player #247

Python 3 compatible AEI package
« on: Jun 3rd, 2021, 10:02pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Thanks to TFiFiE providing a draft 2to3 conversion and impetus to get it finished, the AEI scripts have finally been updated to work under python 3. I plan to make a release this weekend that will provide both python 2 and 3 compatiblity.

I'm refraining from making major changes but if there are any particular annoyances that can be easily resolved I'd be happy to try and get fixes for them in as well. Things like an exception being thrown that could either be handled or a better error message given are good candidates to get fixed. So if you have anything that has been bugging you for the last decade now's a good time to bring it up. Wink

Finally is anyone still using this and do you have any need for python 2 compatibility still?

Janzert
IP Logged
Janzert
Forum Guru

Arimaa player #247

Re: Python 3 compatible AEI package
« Reply #1 on: Jun 7th, 2021, 6:15am »

1.3 release is now out. Python 3 compatibility and proper handling of games ending with an illegal move are the primary new features. If has anyone runs into issues with it please let me know.

Janzert
IP Logged
RightfulChip
Forum Full Member

Arimaa player #11632

Re: Python 3 compatible AEI package
« Reply #2 on: Sep 28th, 2021, 12:34pm »

I upgraded to the latest python 3 version. This is working great for me. Thanks Janzert for making this awesome package available!
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Arimaa Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.