Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 7th, 2024, 11:53am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login Register Register
Arimaa Forum « WC R4 Robinson vs Brendan rescheduled »

Arimaa Forum
   Arimaa
   Events
(Moderator: supersamu)
   WC R4 Robinson vs Brendan rescheduled
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: WC R4 Robinson vs Brendan rescheduled  (Read 1111 times)
omar
Forum Guru

Arimaa player #2

WC R4 Robinson vs Brendan rescheduled
« on: Dec 9th, 2006, 12:16am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Brendan lost this game by forfeit. But after seeing his comments on the game it occured to me that maybe his confusion of the game start time was really my fault.

http://arimaa.com/arimaa/gameroom/comments.cgi?gid=43593

While setting up the PMertens vs chessandgo game to a time they perfered early in the week, I ran the scheduler on Sunday afternoon Nov 26th. Normally I don't run the scheduler until Monday night after the deadline for updating perfered game times. When I ran the scheduler it set game times for all the players even though the players had not entered their perfered game times yet (it used the previous weeks perfered game times). I then ran the scheduler again on Monday night to set the game times for the other players. But it occured to me that maybe Brendan saw the first time and didn't see it again after the second time I ran the scheduler. I sent an email and he confirmed that that is what happened. I also notified Ned (our tournament director) and it was decided to reschedule the Robinson vs Brendan game. After a lot of emailing we have been able to reschedule this game. The games for round 5 will be played next week after this game is settled.  

I am sorry for any confusion this may have caused and possibly messed up some peoples weekend plans.
« Last Edit: Dec 9th, 2006, 12:19am by omar » IP Logged
RonWeasley
Forum Guru

Harry's friend (Arimaa player #441)

Re: WC R4 Robinson vs Brendan rescheduled
« Reply #1 on: Dec 10th, 2006, 7:11am »

This game has been postponed,

Unfortunately, from what we can infer, the new time for this game was not made known to robinson.  And then Brendan made plans Sunday evening.  So, this game will be rescheduled.  Again!

We are setting up a message relay to robinson through PMertens.  Thanx to PMertens for his help!  We are trying to schedule the game for Monday.  Thank you, everyone, for your patience.
IP Logged
PMertens
Forum Guru

Arimaa player #692

« Reply #2 on: Dec 10th, 2006, 9:45am »

sorry, I was not reading my emails this morning Sad

I will call rob ....  Undecided
IP Logged
PMertens
Forum Guru

Arimaa player #692

« Reply #3 on: Dec 11th, 2006, 3:44am »

I only reached the voicemail, but woke him up personally this morning  Embarassed
Robinson will try to access the internet today to give his own statement as well ...
He said he could play friday against Brendan.
I propose scheduling both alternate realities, so no matter who wins we did not lose another week.
(I would be willing to even play alternate realities, but that certainly would be a first for any world-championship Wink )
Sorry for not being more helpful ...
I am sorry again for not realizing that the game was moved to an earlier time (I simply did not check after I told rob the 2100 CET gametime)
IP Logged
robinson
Forum Senior Member

Arimaa player #719

119532424 119532424    
Email

« Reply #4 on: Dec 11th, 2006, 6:44am »

sorry to all for the chaos...
unfortunatly i have no internet connection at the moment and are very busy, too, so that i have not the possibilitys to go to the library to check my mails enough...
i have first seen that my brendan game should be resceduled on wednesday.  
unfortunatly too, i cant find a time before friday to play again.
on friday i can play till 15.00 my time. the whole weekend is free for me too.

sorry again, till
IP Logged
robinson
Forum Senior Member

Arimaa player #719

119532424 119532424    
Email

« Reply #5 on: Dec 11th, 2006, 6:47am »

ahh and paul, can you please call me when there are anymore questions or the game is sceduled....
thanks ....
IP Logged
PMertens
Forum Guru

Arimaa player #692

« Reply #6 on: Dec 11th, 2006, 11:49am »

I will do so ... I will be checking my mails at least twice a day during the next week (since I am mostly in my new and still internet-free house playing carpenter)
IP Logged
omar
Forum Guru

Arimaa player #2

« Reply #7 on: Dec 12th, 2006, 8:36am »

The game between Robinson and Brendan has been scheduled for 11am (Robinson's time).
http://arimaa.com/arimaa/wc/2007/showGames.cgi

If Robinson wins I would like to continue with the round 5 games as previously scheduled. Although if Brendan wins the pairing will change and will require rescheduling also people may not have enough time to enter their predictions. Hope this will work for everyone, if not please post and we will move round 5 to next week even if Robinson wins.

Also I will try to schedule two rounds next weeks or in the following week to try and get the tournament back on schedule.
IP Logged
RonWeasley
Forum Guru

Harry's friend (Arimaa player #441)

« Reply #8 on: Dec 12th, 2006, 9:17am »

I'll just add here that we were very careful this time to make sure both players know the correct time of this game.

I would like to alert spectators to watch the game schedule closely and frequently.  After Friday's game the remaining tournament games may be scheduled less than a week apart.  Be sure to register your predictions!
IP Logged
99of9
Forum Guru

Gnobby's creator (player #314)

toby_hudson  

« Reply #9 on: Dec 12th, 2006, 2:44pm »

Quote:
If Robinson wins I would like to continue with the round 5 games as previously scheduled.

We haven't used the scheduler this week, so those times are from last week.  My game against omar is still a good time for me, but others may not have similar luck.
« Last Edit: Dec 12th, 2006, 3:07pm by 99of9 » IP Logged
Fritzlein
Forum Guru

Arimaa player #706

Email

« Reply #10 on: Dec 12th, 2006, 8:20pm »

I agreed with chessandgo to our Sunday time, and I don't think that our pairing changes even if Brendan wins, so I expect that one game at least to go forward.
IP Logged

omar
Forum Guru

Arimaa player #2

« Reply #11 on: Dec 13th, 2006, 6:55am »

on Dec 12th, 2006, 2:44pm, 99of9 wrote:

My game against omar is still a good time for me, but others may not have similar luck.

Actually I just remembered that I have to go over to my cousines for dinner Saturday night and my game is at 8pm Saturday. Toby is it OK if we move the game to Friday but at the same time.
IP Logged
robinson
Forum Senior Member

Arimaa player #719

119532424 119532424    
Email

« Reply #12 on: Dec 13th, 2006, 12:48pm »

hope my conection works again....
time is definetly ok for me  
i will be there on friday 11...
IP Logged
99of9
Forum Guru

Gnobby's creator (player #314)

toby_hudson  

« Reply #13 on: Dec 13th, 2006, 4:33pm »

on Dec 13th, 2006, 6:55am, omar wrote:
Actually I just remembered that I have to go over to my cousines for dinner Saturday night and my game is at 8pm Saturday. Toby is it OK if we move the game to Friday but at the same time.

Sorry Omar, I'm busy most of the day on your Friday night (my Saturday day).  I think we'd better delay to next week, at least that will give the scheduler a week's worth of chances for overlap.
IP Logged
omar
Forum Guru

Arimaa player #2

« Reply #14 on: Dec 14th, 2006, 6:44am »

on Dec 13th, 2006, 4:33pm, 99of9 wrote:

Sorry Omar, I'm busy most of the day on your Friday night (my Saturday day).  I think we'd better delay to next week, at least that will give the scheduler a week's worth of chances for overlap.

That's fine. I think we better just delay all the round 5 games to next week rather than trying to do some this week and some the next. The scheduling system is designed to work with one round per week and works fairly smoothly if I don't tinker with it.
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Arimaa Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.