Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 7th, 2024, 4:11am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login Register Register
Arimaa Forum « Continuing WC games »

Arimaa Forum
   Arimaa
   Events
(Moderator: supersamu)
   Continuing WC games
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Continuing WC games  (Read 769 times)
omar
Forum Guru

Arimaa player #2

Continuing WC games
« on: Dec 25th, 2006, 7:55pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

As it currently stands the WC tournament rules state that:

"The players are responsible for providing their own reliable computer and Internet connection. There will not be a rematch if a player loses a game due to problems with their computer or Internet connection or even the game client program. However, if there is a problem with the game server, the tournament director will consider a rematch."

Thus in situations like the recent game between Fritzlein and chessandgo, we have no leeway to continue the game even if the players want to.

I want to discuss the possiblility of allowing such games to be continued and see if it can be done in a manner that is fair to everyone? If so then we should include that in next years tournament.

IP Logged
The_Jeh
Forum Guru

Arimaa player #634

Re: Continuing WC games
« Reply #1 on: Dec 26th, 2006, 11:34pm »

Also...
Games known to be lost due to connection failures should not count in the Prediction Contest.  Predictors are not responsible for estimating a player's ability to keep a connection.
IP Logged
RonWeasley
Forum Guru

Harry's friend (Arimaa player #441)

Re: Continuing WC games
« Reply #2 on: Dec 27th, 2006, 8:09am »

Actually I know of muggles who currently try to account for connection failure in their predictions.  I admit to it myself.

But the idea of excluding such games from the prediction contest has merit.  We might consider that next year.  If I remember the range of predictions correctly, I think only the Fritzlein - chessandgo game would make a difference.  The other games had lopsided predictions and everybody benefitted or lost about the same.
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Arimaa Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.