Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Apr 24th, 2024, 8:46pm

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login Register Register
Arimaa Forum « Endless Endgame Event? »

Arimaa Forum
   Arimaa
   Events
(Moderator: supersamu)
   Endless Endgame Event?
« No topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 14 15  ...  21 Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Endless Endgame Event?  (Read 82057 times)
odin73
Forum Guru

Re: Endless Endgame Event?
« Reply #180 on: Jan 18th, 2013, 12:56pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

may I rejoin for next round?
IP Logged

clyring
Forum Guru

Arimaa player #6218

« Reply #181 on: Jan 18th, 2013, 3:05pm »

Yes, but will you be rejoining for the next round?
IP Logged

I administer the Endless Endgame Event (EEE). Players welcome!
odin73
Forum Guru

« Reply #182 on: Jan 18th, 2013, 5:38pm »

if I can I will... Wink ...yes.
IP Logged

Hippo
Forum Guru

Arimaa player #4450

« Reply #183 on: Jan 30th, 2013, 4:23am »

What happened with the event? My bot avaits an opponent.
IP Logged

Fritzlein
Forum Guru

Arimaa player #706

Email

« Reply #184 on: Jan 30th, 2013, 7:33am »

on Jan 30th, 2013, 4:23am, Hippo wrote:
What happened with the event?

Let me guess... um.... maybe... clyring started commentating fifteen games per week?  Wink
IP Logged

clyring
Forum Guru

Arimaa player #6218

« Reply #185 on: Jan 30th, 2013, 1:35pm »

I think Fritzlein might be on to something there... Wink

I have no idea why the other games for 2013 round 1 are unplayed so far, though. If those were played, that would definitely increase my motivation to donate even more of my time to Arimaa by playing against bot_Hippo_eee. Tongue
IP Logged

harvestsnow
Forum Guru

« Reply #186 on: Jan 31st, 2013, 3:45am »

rbarreira hasn't answered my answer to his PM yet. It should be coming...

By the way, is there a way to be more agressively notified of new incoming messages? I could easily miss the modification of the number if I don't delete them.
IP Logged
novacat
Forum Guru

Arimaa player #751

« Reply #187 on: Jan 31st, 2013, 6:54am »

on Jan 31st, 2013, 3:45am, harvestsnow wrote:
By the way, is there a way to be more agressively notified of new incoming messages? I could easily miss the modification of the number if I don't delete them.

You can send players emails through Arimaa rather than PMs (you can also exchange email addresses, but some people like their privacy).  
Just bring up a player's profile (by clicking on their name) and click "Message."  You can search for players under the "Players" menu in the gameroom.
IP Logged

clyring
Forum Guru

Arimaa player #6218

« Reply #188 on: Jan 31st, 2013, 3:08pm »

There is a setting that allows the forum to notify you by e-mail when you receive a message if that would help. From your IM inbox, click on "Preferences" on the right above the list of messages, then select "Yes" for "Notify by e-mail:", then save your preferences.

The forum should already know where to send notifications, but just to be sure, I recommend checking. Click on the profile button at the top center of any forum page and verify that the e-mail field is correctly filled in. If not, fix it, then click on "Change profile" at the bottom.
IP Logged

harvestsnow
Forum Guru

« Reply #189 on: Feb 3rd, 2013, 12:33pm »

Thank you, that works!
The thread notification could also be useful in that case.
Sorry for the off-topic.
« Last Edit: Feb 3rd, 2013, 12:34pm by harvestsnow » IP Logged
clyring
Forum Guru

Arimaa player #6218

« Reply #190 on: Feb 21st, 2013, 9:26pm »

Now that the World Championship has reached the finals, I would like to see the lengthy intermission caused by my putting so much effort into the World Championship come to an end.  The games for 2013 round 1 still need to be played, after which I will resume running pairings on a regular basis.
IP Logged

rbarreira
Forum Guru

Arimaa player #1621

« Reply #191 on: Mar 13th, 2013, 1:15pm »

Quote:
-Computer programs participating in, but not yet eliminated from an ongoing Arimaa World Computer Championship may not participate.
-Computer programs participating in the Arimaa Challenge Screening may not participate during the screening period.
-The Arimaa Challenge program may not participate during the Arimaa Challenge match.

Here are my thoughts about these new rules, as I've written in the chatroom (tldr: I think those rules are unnecessary)

Quote:
2013-03-10 14:46:47 rbarreira hi
2013-03-10 14:47:45 rbarreira yes, I think Janzert is correct
2013-03-10 14:48:10 rbarreira it's not a problem for the screening bots to play the defenders in the postal mixer, in open gameroom games etc.
2013-03-10 14:48:50 rbarreira much less in the EEE which is more like a variant of the game
2013-03-10 14:50:00 rbarreira in fact it would be infeasible to forbid this, because I could claim that I have changed the software behind bot_ziltoid a lot, and then it would be a different game
2013-03-10 14:50:21 rbarreira *name
2013-03-10 14:51:02 rbarreira so IMO you don't need to change the EEE rules
2013-03-10 14:53:52 rbarreira oh, actually this has been discussed before with regards to the postal mixer: http://arimaa.com/arimaa/forum/cgi/YaBB.cgi?board=events;action=display; num=1328532554;start=0
2013-03-10 14:54:03 rbarreira and here is what Omar said: "I think it should be OK for a challenge defender to play the challenge bot in a postal. The timecontrols being very different should cause the bot to play differently from even the same position. But as you mentioned the bot could use some of the vacation time to avoid playing the challenge defenders if the bot developer is concerned. "
IP Logged
browni3141
Forum Guru

Arimaa player #7014

« Reply #192 on: Mar 13th, 2013, 2:20pm »

I don't see why this is necessary at all. Bot developers are allowed to put up their bot for play during the screening and Challenge, aren't they? Why shouldn't they be able to voluntarily participate in EEE due to the Challenge when I may play bot_ziltoid (even at challenge time controls) during the Challenge or screening?
IP Logged

novacat
Forum Guru

Arimaa player #751

« Reply #193 on: Mar 14th, 2013, 6:58am »

on Mar 13th, 2013, 2:20pm, browni3141 wrote:
Why shouldn't they be able to voluntarily participate in EEE due to the Challenge when I may play bot_ziltoid (even at challenge time controls) during the Challenge or screening?

I assume you are using "I" as meaning most people because as a Challenge defender you are not allowed to play bot_ziltoid during the screening.

Edit: by play during the screening I mean participate in it.  It is not my opinion on whether you should or should not be able to play bot_ziltoid in the EEE.
« Last Edit: Mar 14th, 2013, 4:51pm by novacat » IP Logged

Janzert
Forum Guru

Arimaa player #247

« Reply #194 on: Mar 14th, 2013, 8:50am »

Novacat, that is really the debate here. I believe along with Browni and others that defenders, developers, etc. are only restricted from participating in screening games. Not from playing the bot at all. Unfortunately the rules are written rather ambiguously.

Janzert
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 14 15  ...  21 Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« No topic | Next topic »

Arimaa Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.