Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Apr 25th, 2024, 4:53pm

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login Register Register
Arimaa Forum « 2014 World Championship wrap up »

Arimaa Forum
   Arimaa
   Events
(Moderator: supersamu)
   2014 World Championship wrap up
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: 2014 World Championship wrap up  (Read 1165 times)
Janzert
Forum Guru

Arimaa player #247

2014 World Championship wrap up
« on: Apr 4th, 2014, 8:51pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Congratulations to Chessandgo on winning with such a dominant performance. Thanks to all the players for your participation. While there were certainly a few rough spots, from my perspective the overall tournament was quite a success. I'll be starting another thread shortly to start discussion on the changes that can be made next year to make it even better.

Thanks to all the tournament coordinators, without their time and effort to cover all the games it would be impossible to have such a large and long tournament. They each stepped up and filled in times to monitor games when other coordinators were busy.

The audio commentary was uniformly great and added to the enjoyment of the spectators. I think it’s also a great resource for new players. Thanks to every commentator for your time and thoughts. Special thanks to clyring for the extra effort he has put in to get so much commentary done in the first few weeks. This gave many of the new players a commentated game they would not have the opportunity to get otherwise.

Thanks to Denny’s for their sponsorship contributing greatly to the very nice prize fund.

Finally thanks to Omar for providing all the infrastructure that allows this tournament, game and great community to continue to thrive or even exist at all.

I was going to close with hoping to see you all next year. But actually I hope to see you throughout the rest of this year, with various events to keep everyone in shape for next year.

Janzert
IP Logged
chessandgo
Forum Guru

Arimaa player #1889

Re: 2014 World Championship wrap up
« Reply #1 on: Apr 5th, 2014, 4:25am »

I think you forgot to thank the most key person. Btw, who was the TD this year? Smiley
IP Logged

Brendan_M
Forum Full Member

Arimaa player #8106

« Reply #2 on: Apr 6th, 2014, 10:06am »

Excellent tournament all round

Huge thanks for all the great work Janzert and everyone else you mentioned in your post

And massive congratulations to chessandgo to destroy the strongest ever field at the world championships!!
IP Logged
chessandgo
Forum Guru

Arimaa player #1889

« Reply #3 on: Apr 20th, 2014, 8:01am »

Watching the NBA playoffs, Denny's got mentioned in yesterday's fourth game. So they are sponsoring Arimaa and the NBA? Smart guys! Smiley
IP Logged

Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Arimaa Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.