Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 5th, 2024, 5:35am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login Register Register
Arimaa Forum « Marwin vs ginrunner »

Arimaa Forum
   Arimaa
   Game Analysis
(Moderator: supersamu)
   Marwin vs ginrunner
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Marwin vs ginrunner  (Read 720 times)
ginrunner
Forum Guru

Arimaa player #5449

Marwin vs ginrunner
« on: Feb 26th, 2011, 6:15pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

http://arimaa.com/arimaa/games/jsShowGame.cgi?gid=173669&s=w

I am completely at a loss here. I am not entirely sure where I went wrong. 40s was definitely a mistake (I have been trying to figure out if I was a dead duck by then or if that is what killed me) but what else could I have done there? I feel like there is an obvious flaw in my game that I can't find. I can find multiple lines that would have been better after the fact but for some odd reason those lines don't even begin to occur to me during the game.
IP Logged
omar
Forum Guru

Arimaa player #2

Re: Marwin vs ginrunner
« Reply #1 on: Mar 4th, 2011, 12:00am »

On 20s I might have used two steps to get the dog on g3. On 35s elephant to g3 and rabbit to h4 looks pretty good.

You played very good though and it was a very close game.
IP Logged
chessandgo
Forum Guru

Arimaa player #1889

Re: Marwin vs ginrunner
« Reply #2 on: Mar 6th, 2011, 8:49am »

wow, the position on 40s is quite wild. Materially I feel it might be kind of even. Your position is unbalanced with no small piece in the west, but you have an advanced rabbit, so I'd think it's a close game.

You'll have to switch to the eastern wing with your elephant at some point, but given the sparsity of your goal defense you can do that only if you have a very serious goal threat (or if you replace your elephant wih a cat for example).

I'd consider 40s rh4s dg5es rh3s, Gold can't pull the rabbit to g2, otherwise your elephant is able to switch over with a strong goal in 1 threat. When Gold defends, you can play something like cf5ww x x, and then replace your elephant with your cat on the next move. If the rabbit advance allows gold to capture too quicklly, then 40s cf5ww x x looks reasonable. But I can't see a good way for Gold to threaten capture, for example 41g Cg3s Hf4e Hg4n dh4w should not be reasonable, as you can answer 41s rf7s cf5s rf6s dg4s, and actually Gold is much more threatened than silver in the east.
« Last Edit: Mar 7th, 2011, 4:37am by chessandgo » IP Logged

Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Arimaa Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.