Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 5th, 2024, 10:16am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login Register Register
Arimaa Forum « 174327 bot_Nodaway vs UruramTururam »

Arimaa Forum
   Arimaa
   Game Analysis
(Moderator: supersamu)
   174327 bot_Nodaway vs UruramTururam
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: 174327 bot_Nodaway vs UruramTururam  (Read 836 times)
UruramTururam
Forum Guru

Arimaa player #2537

174327 bot_Nodaway vs UruramTururam
« on: Mar 4th, 2011, 3:07am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

http://arimaa.com/arimaa/games/jsShowGame.cgi?gid=174327&s=b

Hi!

I have some doubts regarding what I did when playing that game. Take a look at the position after 13g: I have Nodaway's horse forked, facing a probable H/d trade. Being already ahead by a rabbit I could probably accept it; yet my feeling was that I can perform better. So I started some weird maneuvers that had their climax after 20g and finally payed off after 24s.  

Yet now I think there was a lot of luck involved there... Probably more luck than skill. So my question is - what should be sliver short and long term aims for moves 13s and following ones?
« Last Edit: Mar 4th, 2011, 3:27am by UruramTururam » IP Logged

Caffa et bucella per attactionem corporum venit ad stomachum meum.
BGG Arimaa badges - get your own one!
chessandgo
Forum Guru

Arimaa player #1889

Re: 174327 bot_Nodaway vs UruramTururam
« Reply #1 on: Mar 7th, 2011, 3:46am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

You're completely right not to accept the H for d trade, the H is dead anyway. As the bot is using 3 steps that you can undo in 1 step, you can let it continue and improve your position slowly (that involves advancing pieces mostly, especially in the west if possible, but also in the east, following your hg6).

If you want to ensure a quick capture, I think something like 13s dc6s ce8s rc7s cd7w does the job (many other possibilities). Gold can only avoid immediate capture with something like 14g Eb6s Eb5n dc5w, and then you force capture on the next move with 14s rc6s cc7s rb7e.
IP Logged

Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Arimaa Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.