Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Apr 25th, 2024, 2:45am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login Register Register
Arimaa Forum « 722caasi vs. bot_Clueless2011P2 »

Arimaa Forum
   Arimaa
   Game Analysis
(Moderator: supersamu)
   722caasi vs. bot_Clueless2011P2
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: 722caasi vs. bot_Clueless2011P2  (Read 861 times)
Isaac Grosof
Forum Guru

Longtime Arimaa Fan

722caasi vs. bot_Clueless2011P2
« on: Feb 20th, 2012, 2:02am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

http://arimaa.com/arimaa/gameroom/opengamewin.cgi?client=1&gameid=21 6435&role=v&side=w

This is the first time I have ever beaten this opponent, and I feel like I played a fairly good game. What do you all think? How did I do? Where do I need to improve?
IP Logged

Sorry about that one thing.
tharkun
Forum Senior Member

Arimaa player #7288

Re: 722caasi vs. bot_Clueless2011P2
« Reply #1 on: Feb 20th, 2012, 7:58am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Good game, especially the beginning (rabbit capture, rabbit frame, horse hostage) and the phase after the horse exchange. Some things to think about:

26g Was it necessary to allow his horse into b3?

31g Personally, I would be hesitant to allow silver to flip his rabbit out of the f3-trap to e2.

33g Did you consider moving your a2-rabbit to a6? Anyway, it seems unneccessary to sacrifice the rabbit in the c3-trap.

35g An alternative would be to move the d- and e-rabbit east and push the silver horse into c1. This allows you to fight for the control of the c3-trap.

37g You could also push the rabbit into the f3-trap. I think you will probably be able to capture it within a few moves.

41g I'm not sure about this move. I think you won the camel only because silver made the mistake not to defend the f3-trap with his elephant. It might be better simply to capture the rabbit by flipping it into the c3-trap. Your cat remains safe, because silver cannot capture it without dropping a camel.

42g Nice, winning a camel by force.

50g I'm not sure about the elephant step.

51g Maybe it's not necessary to sacrifice material; you could move the elephant to d3 while pulling the silver rabbit to d4 in the process.

53g Did you see that it was also possible to set up a goal in one threat by moving the g5-rabbit east and the g4-horse north with your third and fourth step?

54g It seems to me that moving the elephant to b3 instead of stepping sideways with the cat is more logical. But I'm not quite sure, since the position is very sharp and tactical. In any case there will still be some defensive work ahead for you after silver's b-rabbit springs into action.
« Last Edit: Feb 20th, 2012, 8:11am by tharkun » IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Arimaa Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.