Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 5th, 2024, 1:35pm

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login Register Register
Arimaa Forum « Arimaa presentation »

Arimaa Forum
   Arimaa
   Off Topic Discussion
(Moderators: christianF, supersamu)
   Arimaa presentation
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Arimaa presentation  (Read 1608 times)
nbarriga
Forum Guru

Almost retired Bot Developer

Arimaa presentation
« on: Aug 21st, 2006, 10:27am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Hi, I will give a small presentation at my University about arimaa, and specially bot development. The presentation is here in case anyone wants to comment on it: www.alumnos.inf.utfsm.cl/~nbarriga/presentacion.pdf

It is targeted at 2º-5º year engineering students.

Also, I am looking for a funny name Smiley for the presentation, ideas are welcome.

IP Logged
Fritzlein
Forum Guru

Arimaa player #706

Email

Re: Arimaa presentation
« Reply #1 on: Aug 21st, 2006, 5:43pm »

I see three small corrections to make on the slides:

* "tunning" should be "tuning", i.e. one "n" fewer.

* You have "de3s de4x", but pieces can't die on e4, and anyway it's the wrong direction.  It should be "de3e df3x" followed by a stronger gold piece occupying e3.

* I expect the requirement for computers to play 40 days on-line before the Computer Championship will be removed starting this year.  Instead, the top two bots, without modification by the developers, will play against humans after the Computer Championship and before the Arimaa Challenge.  Whichever of those two bots does better against humans will get to play in the Arimaa Challenge.  Omar hasn't finalized the details, but I think this is his plan.
IP Logged

nbarriga
Forum Guru

Almost retired Bot Developer

Re: Arimaa presentation
« Reply #2 on: Aug 21st, 2006, 9:56pm »

on Aug 21st, 2006, 5:43pm, Fritzlein wrote:

* You have "de3s de4x", but pieces can't die on e4, and anyway it's the wrong direction.  It should be "de3e df3x" followed by a stronger gold piece occupying e3.

It was an example to show the notation, but you're right and I will change it for a real move.
Quote:

* I expect the requirement for computers to play 40 days on-line before the Computer Championship will be removed starting this year.  Instead, the top two bots, without modification by the developers, will play against humans after the Computer Championship and before the Arimaa Challenge.  Whichever of those two bots does better against humans will get to play in the Arimaa Challenge.  Omar hasn't finalized the details, but I think this is his plan.

I think it's a great change.
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Arimaa Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.