Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 18th, 2024, 9:10am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login Register Register
Arimaa Forum « Pandemic »

Arimaa Forum
   Arimaa
   Off Topic Discussion
(Moderators: christianF, supersamu)
   Pandemic
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Pandemic  (Read 1483 times)
Fritzlein
Forum Guru

Arimaa player #706

Email

Pandemic
« on: Jan 17th, 2009, 6:18am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Some of my co-workers roped me into playing a game of Pandemic yesterday after work.  I was somewhat skeptical, because I have never much enjoyed co-operative games before, but contrary to my expectations I had a blast.  In fact, I was so hooked that after the virus wiped out civilization in the first game, I demanded an immediate replay.

I was already jazzed that Z-Man had agreed to sponsor the World Championship prize fund, simply because it shows he's committed to supporting Arimaa.  Now, however, I really want to win a gift certificate, because I know exactly what I'm going to spend it on!
IP Logged

Adanac
Forum Guru

Arimaa player #892

Email

Re: Pandemic
« Reply #1 on: Jan 17th, 2009, 12:17pm »

on Jan 17th, 2009, 6:18am, Fritzlein wrote:
Some of my co-workers roped me into playing a game of Pandemic yesterday after work.  I was somewhat skeptical, because I have never much enjoyed co-operative games before, but contrary to my expectations I had a blast.  In fact, I was so hooked that after the virus wiped out civilization in the first game, I demanded an immediate replay.

I was already jazzed that Z-Man had agreed to sponsor the World Championship prize fund, simply because it shows he's committed to supporting Arimaa.  Now, however, I really want to win a gift certificate, because I know exactly what I'm going to spend it on!

My brother brought his copy of Pandemic home for Christmas.  I also had a lot of fun playing this one.  The funny thing is that it's actually easier to win with fewer players.  We found it quite easy to win with 2 players but much more difficult with 4!
IP Logged

RonWeasley
Forum Guru

Harry's friend (Arimaa player #441)

« Reply #2 on: Jan 21st, 2009, 5:01am »

This received a favorable review in Games Magazine.  Don't play this game with Malfoy as he always wants the virus to win.
IP Logged
mistre
Forum Guru

« Reply #3 on: Jan 21st, 2009, 4:05pm »

A friend of mine is a cousin of the designer, Matt Leacoc k.  He finally got a copy of the game, but I have yet to play it.  I hope to soon.

The space between the c and k was made on purpose.  Evidently the forum has a filter on it and wanted to replace it with thingy.   Cheesy
« Last Edit: Jan 21st, 2009, 4:08pm by mistre » IP Logged

Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Arimaa Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.