Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Apr 27th, 2024, 11:23am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login Register Register
Arimaa Forum « hello »

Arimaa Forum
   Arimaa
   Say Hello
(Moderator: supersamu)
   hello
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: hello  (Read 1388 times)
trojo
Forum Newbie

Arimaa player #6296

hello
« on: Apr 16th, 2011, 6:10pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Found out about this game on Board Game Geek a few months back and thought I'd try it out. Have played a few of the weaker bots, but haven't been brave enough to face a human player yet haha.

Thought I would say "hello" in the forums too.
IP Logged
ginrunner
Forum Guru

Arimaa player #5449

Re: hello
« Reply #1 on: Apr 16th, 2011, 9:56pm »

humans are fun because they do things that bots would never do (or at least lower level bots) and so the games are more interesting. sadly it took me roughly 6 months before I even thought about playing a human in an interactive game. Once I did I found another level of enjoyment.  

Welcome to the community.
IP Logged
omar
Forum Guru

Arimaa player #2

Re: hello
« Reply #2 on: Apr 20th, 2011, 11:04am »

Welcome. Playing the bots on the ladder is a good way to get familiar with the game and also get better at it. For some people that seems to be enough and they never move on to playing humans. But as ginrunner mentioned, playing humans can be quite a different experience.

Have fun. Please give Arimaa a rating on BGG. It seems that more ratings help the game get noticed more.
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Arimaa Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.