Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 2nd, 2024, 3:24am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login Register Register
Arimaa Forum « Hello Folks »

Arimaa Forum
   Arimaa
   Say Hello
(Moderator: supersamu)
   Hello Folks
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Hello Folks  (Read 1863 times)
Eccentric
Forum Newbie

Arimaa player #6723

Hello Folks
« on: Aug 18th, 2011, 4:49am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

I joined about five days ago and played a few games against the lower-level bots, but I figured I'd give the forums a look.

To be honest, I found this place making Google searches for some sort of new board game that I've never seen before, and Arimaa is definitely something I've never seen before. So far, I don't regret trying it out, and I've been coming back every day! I don't think I'm very good at it, though, but I'll keep the practice going.

On a more personal level, I live up in New England, about to enter my second year at college as an Art student, studying Japanese as my minor. I'm a very fun loving person, so don't be afraid to approach me.
IP Logged
Swynndla
Forum Guru

Arimaa player #1821

Re: Hello Folks
« Reply #1 on: Aug 18th, 2011, 6:35am »

Welcome Eccentric  Cheesy

One of the things I like about this game is that it's still being figured out.  Even the best players will often change their minds as to what is the best play.

The community is made up of all sorts of people.  Some like to play bots, some like to play other people, and some like to program new bots.

IP Logged
Fritzlein
Forum Guru

Arimaa player #706

Email

Re: Hello Folks
« Reply #2 on: Aug 18th, 2011, 11:25am »

on Aug 18th, 2011, 6:35am, Swynndla wrote:
The community is made up of all sorts of people.  Some like to play bots, some like to play other people, and some like to program new bots.

And some (well just hanzack, actually) is Japanese and hangs out in the chat room all day.  Maybe an opportunity to practice conversation?
IP Logged

Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Arimaa Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.