Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 2nd, 2024, 5:38am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login Register Register
Arimaa Forum « It's About Time for a "Hello" »

Arimaa Forum
   Arimaa
   Say Hello
(Moderator: supersamu)
   It's About Time for a "Hello"
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: It's About Time for a "Hello"  (Read 2527 times)
Dolus
Forum Guru

Arimaa player #6845

DolusDeceit

It's About Time for a "Hello"
« on: Oct 27th, 2011, 3:30pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Hi everyone,

I discovered Arimaa about three weeks ago thanks to Ururam Tururam over at boardgaming.com. I immediately loved the concept and idea of the game, and quickly picked up my own board, read Fritz's book, and started playing online. I've also started urging any and all friends I could to try the game with me. So far most people like it, and while one person did not like it at first, he tells me it's already growing on him after just a day.

I am a big gamer myself, and have been becoming active on boardgamegeek.com. Outside of Magic: the Gathering, though, I've never truly devoted myself to studying a game like one could with Chess or Arimaa. I would like to fit studying Arimaa into part of my life, and also evangelizing the game to others whenever I'm able.  

Anyways, I guess I've said more than just my "Hello," so for now, I'll leave it at that! It's good to be here. Smiley
IP Logged

rabbits
Forum Guru

Arimaa player #1337

Re: It's About Time for a "Hello"
« Reply #1 on: Oct 31st, 2011, 11:30am »

Welcome Dolus, it's awesome that you're already an Arimaa enthusiast!  I also had never studied another game in any real depth before, but Arimaa has certainly been worth my while Smiley
IP Logged

mistre
Forum Guru

Re: It's About Time for a "Hello"
« Reply #2 on: Oct 31st, 2011, 2:09pm »

Welcome Dolus!

I am glad that you found us through boardgaming.com - I think this site could bring a big influx of players of Arimaa if we continue to pump up the games played and heart stats to get it recognized (I have been doing my part!)

If anyone else would like an invite to join the site, let me know in a private message.
IP Logged

Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Arimaa Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.