Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Apr 23rd, 2024, 2:28pm

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login Register Register
Arimaa Forum « Obligatory Newb Post »

Arimaa Forum
   Arimaa
   Players Availability
(Moderator: supersamu)
   Obligatory Newb Post
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Obligatory Newb Post  (Read 2035 times)
Counterbalance
Forum Newbie

Hey kids!

Obligatory Newb Post
« on: Jul 11th, 2009, 12:52am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Hey kids,
I ambled on in here a few days ago. I'm really loving Arimaa, but would like to get thrashed by some humans for a bit.  Grin At any rate I've flicked over to unrated games and would love to have a postal game or two with some more experienced players. If you're in the States I'm about 8 hours behind you, and if you're in Europe that's more like 12. So if I have hideous response times that'd be why.  Smiley Cheers!
IP Logged
RonWeasley
Forum Guru

Harry's friend (Arimaa player #441)

Re: Obligatory Newb Post
« Reply #1 on: Jul 14th, 2009, 4:43am »

Welcome, Counterbalance!

One way to get a game is to click the Play Now->Start Game tab and set the time control the way you want.  Then your game will appear under Open Games.  This invites anyone to click on Sit and be your opponent.  It won't take long.

I agree that from your time zone, a postal time control makes the most sense.  (I call these "owl games".)
IP Logged
omar
Forum Guru

Arimaa player #2

« Reply #2 on: Jul 14th, 2009, 7:30am »

You can also sign up for the auto-postal games (maybe you have already). This automatically pairs you for a postal game against an opponent close to your rating. From the gameroom navigation bar on the left select "Settings" - "Auto Postal".
IP Logged
rajmahendra
Forum Senior Member

Raj

rajeshblog  
Email

« Reply #3 on: Aug 25th, 2009, 4:14am »

on Jul 14th, 2009, 7:30am, omar wrote:
You can also sign up for the auto-postal games (maybe you have already). This automatically pairs you for a postal game against an opponent close to your rating. From the gameroom navigation bar on the left select "Settings" - "Auto Postal".

Thank you! I didn't seen this feature at all  Lips Sealed

I signed up now!
IP Logged

Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Arimaa Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.