Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Apr 24th, 2024, 3:36pm

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login Register Register
Arimaa Forum « WC scheduling »

Arimaa Forum
   Arimaa
   Players Availability
(Moderator: supersamu)
   WC scheduling
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: WC scheduling  (Read 1332 times)
camelback
Forum Guru

Arimaa perl monger

WC scheduling
« on: Jan 17th, 2008, 12:55am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

My round 2 game with arimaa_master (not again Undecided) is scheduled to be 4am local time. None of my preferred times have been selected. I was wondering if this timing can be changed if opponent is ok or it has to be on that specific time. Current timing is like middle of the night for me and with this schedule probably I won't sleep the previous night till the game is over.

arimaa_master, is it possible for you to be available 4/5 hours before or 2/3 hours after the current scheduled time?

Thanks
IP Logged
chessandgo
Forum Guru

Arimaa player #1889

Re: WC scheduling
« Reply #1 on: Jan 17th, 2008, 2:35am »

wow, 4am, twice ? ... this is bad luck Sad

Last year the tournament director and Omar accepted to set the game to some specific time the players had agreed on. But it's better for Omar, Ron, the players, the spectators, to do so right after the pairings are up, say on monday, or just after you realize the time choosen by the shceduler is really bad, rather than on thursday ... Wink

I hope you'll find a more suitable time. I'm a big fan of agreeing a time directly with my opponent ; for later rounds, it'll be fine with me if my opponent wants to discuss the game time.
IP Logged

arimaa_master
Forum Guru

Arimaa player #2010

« Reply #2 on: Jan 17th, 2008, 5:40am »

To be honest, I myself prefer timeslot 2-3 hours after our scheduled time. Now it is scheduled 1 p.m. local time - so 3 p.m. or 4 p.m. will be fine for me.

But how it can be arranged and not forfeit? (Possibly contact Omar? - I am leaving it up to you - camelback - just let me know here in this forum at least 24 hour before start of the game.)

IP Logged
omar
Forum Guru

Arimaa player #2

« Reply #3 on: Jan 18th, 2008, 8:01am »

I've adjusted the start time of this game to 3 hours later.

I looked at both of your preferred times and found that there were only a few places that overlapped. The time slot 4 hours later would have been better but the program had already allocated that time to someone else and it tries not to setup two games at the same time unless there is no other choice. The scheduling program has a lot of room for improvement. I would be happy to hand it over to anyone that wants to improve it.
IP Logged
arimaa_master
Forum Guru

Arimaa player #2010

« Reply #4 on: Jan 18th, 2008, 8:18am »

on Jan 18th, 2008, 8:01am, omar wrote:
I've adjusted the start time of this game to 3 hours later.

I looked at both of your preferred times and found that there were only a few places that overlapped. The time slot 4 hours later would have been better but the program had already allocated that time to someone else and it tries not to setup two games at the same time unless there is no other choice. The scheduling program has a lot of room for improvement. I would be happy to hand it over to anyone that wants to improve it.

Ok, thanks.
IP Logged
camelback
Forum Guru

Arimaa perl monger

« Reply #5 on: Jan 18th, 2008, 12:01pm »

Thank you very much Omar and Ron, Thank you very much arimaa_master  Smiley

on Jan 17th, 2008, 2:35am, chessandgo wrote:
wow, 4am, twice ? ... this is bad luck Sad

Not twice chessandgo, this is the first time I'm having 4am.
 Grin

on Jan 17th, 2008, 2:35am, chessandgo wrote:
But it's better for Omar, Ron, the players, the spectators, to do so right after the pairings are up, say on monday, or just after you realize the time choosen by the shceduler is really bad, rather than on thursday ... Wink

Grin Grin Besides being a vivid procrastinator, I had the hesitation to be the first one to ask  Grin Grin. It turned out to be a breeze.
Thank you all Smiley
IP Logged
Adanac
Forum Guru

Arimaa player #892

Email

« Reply #6 on: Mar 10th, 2008, 9:19am »

Did any other players benefit from Daylight Savings Time?  During the first 9 rounds my only highly convenient weekday time slot was 7pm.  This week, however, I can place high-preference checkmarks every day at both 6pm and 8pm  Grin
IP Logged

Fritzlein
Forum Guru

Arimaa player #706

Email

« Reply #7 on: Mar 11th, 2008, 7:36am »

I have to say the 7pm slot is more convenient for me this week than the 6pm slot was last week...
IP Logged

Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Arimaa Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.