Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 7th, 2024, 12:54pm

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login Register Register
Arimaa Forum « Problems using the gameroom? »

Arimaa Forum
   Arimaa
   Site Discussion
(Moderator: supersamu)
   Problems using the gameroom?
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Problems using the gameroom?  (Read 680 times)
MartinFuller
Forum Newbie

Arimaa player #1218

Problems using the gameroom?
« on: Jun 10th, 2005, 3:12pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Sometimes when I click to another game window (player stats, live games, etc) I am told I am not logged in and I have to enter my email and password again.  Is this normal?  It can happen within 30 seconds of my previous login.  I'm using IE6 on Win2000.

And I have an etiquette question - do I need to click logout before leaving the gameroom?  I haven't needed to on other sites, and it took me a while to notice the option here.

PS is there a FAQ for these kinds of queries?
IP Logged
PMertens
Forum Guru

Arimaa player #692

Re: Problems using the gameroom?
« Reply #1 on: Jun 10th, 2005, 3:35pm »

Quote:
Sometimes when I click to another game window (player stats, live games, etc) I am told I am not logged in and I have to enter my email and password again.  Is this normal?  It can happen within 30 seconds of my previous login.  I'm using IE6 on Win2000.

It only happened once to me while using Windows Server 2003 - never on XP.
Maybe something with cookies ?

Quote:
And I have an etiquette question - do I need to click logout before leaving the gameroom?  I haven't needed to on other sites, and it took me a while to notice the option here.

I sincerely hope not, since I never did it Smiley

Quote:
PS is there a FAQ for these kinds of queries?

Not that I know of. The Forum would be the best place to find answers to these questions.
Even if you dont have a question, there are plenty of interesting topics to read here  Cool
IP Logged
omar
Forum Guru

Arimaa player #2

Re: Problems using the gameroom?
« Reply #2 on: Jun 11th, 2005, 10:25am »

It is definitely related to cookies. Maybe the IE browser on Win2000 handles them differently. I've tested the site on Win98 and WinXP with IE and FireFox and didn't have this problem. Never tried it on Win2000.
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Arimaa Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.