Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 19th, 2024, 11:52am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login Register Register
Arimaa Forum « How to disable sounds »

Arimaa Forum
   Arimaa
   Site Discussion
(Moderator: supersamu)
   How to disable sounds
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: How to disable sounds  (Read 707 times)
arimaa_master
Forum Guru

Arimaa player #2010

How to disable sounds
« on: Jul 5th, 2006, 11:26am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Hi,
I wonder how to disable sounds of moves and captures.
("Option" button doesn´t seem to work).
IP Logged
Fritzlein
Forum Guru

Arimaa player #706

Email

Re: How to disable sounds
« Reply #1 on: Jul 5th, 2006, 12:06pm »

Yes, I normally "disable sounds" by turning off my speakers, but there have been one or two times that I wanted to hear something else on my computer, just not Arimaa.  It would be a cool option to have.

On the other hand, as with all my other feature requests, this takes a back burner to a more stable client, so I'd still urge Omar to put all his free time into the new client rather than fixing the old one.
IP Logged

Adanac
Forum Guru

Arimaa player #892

Email

« Reply #2 on: Jul 8th, 2006, 10:14am »

I do enjoy most of the sounds of Arimaa, especially the sounds of a piece falling into a trap**.  However, the one sound that I wish I could disable or change to a more pleasant sounds is the clunk-clunk-clunk-clunk of a 4-move step.  Otherwise, the sound effects and graphics make a great game even greater.

** the one exception is multi-playing several bots at once.  If I wasn't expecting to hear the trap sound then this gets me into a panic as I scramble to figure out which piece/which game & how!!
IP Logged

DorianGaray
Forum Guru

Arimaa player #1210

« Reply #3 on: Jul 8th, 2006, 11:15am »

on Jul 8th, 2006, 10:14am, Adanac wrote:
I do enjoy most of the sounds of Arimaa, especially the sounds of a piece falling into a trap**.  However, the one sound that I wish I could disable or change to a more pleasant sounds is the clunk-clunk-clunk-clunk of a 4-move step.  Otherwise, the sound effects and graphics make a great game even greater.

** the one exception is multi-playing several bots at once.  If I wasn't expecting to hear the trap sound then this gets me into a panic as I scramble to figure out which piece/which game & how!!

I like the sound of the game. Though,it would be nice to be able to cut it off once in a while so we can replace it by music or a lecture or anything else.  

I think the ability to disable it would make the sound of the game even more likeable.

One man's opinion.
IP Logged
omar
Forum Guru

Arimaa player #2

« Reply #4 on: Jul 14th, 2006, 10:56pm »

The new client has the option to disable sound.
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Arimaa Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.