Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 18th, 2024, 3:07pm

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login Register Register
Arimaa Forum « minor site bug »

Arimaa Forum
   Arimaa
   Site Discussion
(Moderator: supersamu)
   minor site bug
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: minor site bug  (Read 766 times)
seanick
Forum Guru

SeaNICK

seanick
Email

minor site bug
« on: Jul 18th, 2006, 2:12am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

I almost feel foolish posting this because it is so minor, but it was confusing the first few times I saw it, such that it took me a while to realize the site had not crashed.  

When you go view a players record, and you click on human to see how they fare against  human opponents, you sometimes get a blank screen, without so much as a title or anything. it looks like IE crashed or the site won't load or something. but no, it is just that the player has never played against a human.  

very minor, and it takes second to the new client. just thought I would mention it in case it hasn't already been mentioned by every other user of this forum....
IP Logged
seanick
Forum Guru

SeaNICK

seanick
Email

Re: minor site bug
« Reply #1 on: Jul 18th, 2006, 2:24am »

ok, clicking "back" reminded me of a slightly less minor forum bug. if you click back after viewing a post, in order to get back to the list of topics, you instead get to a "page has expired" page. (presumably because it takes you to the page where your password was sent originally.) I acknowledge it makes sense to log in once and have that login screen expire on revisit if the password is not re-sent, but its lame for people who prefer to click "back" than add another 2 layers to their browsing history. (and moreso, as it includes me, people with 5 button mice who use 2 of them for back, and forward). I end up hitting back again and re-logging into the board every time I finish reading a post.  

ok, while I am here I have just one more.. is there any reason I can't stay logged in after closing the browser, in other words, leave the cookies there for longer than just that session, maybe a day or two so I don't have to log back in any time I try to open arimaa. or, if you prefer, a checkbox that says remember my login on the login screen so I only have to enter a password, or just click a button even.  

I know this has been asked before, but if there were a few people who were given publish access to the server, would that not be helpful in maintaining without having to nag omar for every tiny thing? not that I would expect to be granted publish rights, but if nobody else offered I would be willing to fix small things, and not give up on it right away at least.  

I'll leave it at that for now. if you want i can spew out some more of the many foolish ideas I have, just say the word.  
IP Logged
99of9
Forum Guru

Gnobby's creator (player #314)

toby_hudson  

« Reply #2 on: Jul 18th, 2006, 3:07am »

I don't get any of the problems you discussed in that last post:
I can go back and forward at will.
When I visit the forum, I very rarely have to log in (probably only after clearing cache).
IP Logged
seanick
Forum Guru

SeaNICK

seanick
Email

« Reply #3 on: Jul 18th, 2006, 4:51am »

whenever I log in to the forums, I get the forum list. if I click on one, say, bot development, I see a list of topics. if I then hit back, I see this page:  

Warning: Page has Expired The page you requested was created using information you submitted in a form. This page is no longer available. As a security precaution, Internet Explorer does not automatically resubmit your information for you.  

To resubmit your information and view this Web page, click the Refresh button.
IP Logged
seanick
Forum Guru

SeaNICK

seanick
Email

« Reply #4 on: Jul 18th, 2006, 4:53am »

I see now that if you are running particular browsers, you get particular code:  

if ((navigator.appVersion.substring(0,1) == "5" && navigator.userAgent.indexOf('Gecko') != -1) || navigator.userAgent.search(/Opera/) != -1) {
   document.write('<META HTTP-EQUIV="pragma" CONTENT="no-cache">');
IP Logged
seanick
Forum Guru

SeaNICK

seanick
Email

« Reply #5 on: Jul 18th, 2006, 4:55am »

I think it would solve that problem if the page at the url  

http://arimaa.com/arimaa/forum/cgi/YaBB.cgi?board=;action=login2

automatically forwarded people to the url  

http://arimaa.com/arimaa/forum/cgi/YaBB.cgi

(after processing login info, etc of course)
« Last Edit: Jul 18th, 2006, 4:56am by seanick » IP Logged
chessandgo
Forum Guru

Arimaa player #1889

« Reply #6 on: Jul 18th, 2006, 9:20am »

same pb as Nick, can't go back in the forum. (maybe this happens only with IE ?)
IP Logged

Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Arimaa Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.