Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 17th, 2024, 11:29pm

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login Register Register
Arimaa Forum « Delay for spectators »

Arimaa Forum
   Arimaa
   Site Discussion
(Moderator: supersamu)
   Delay for spectators
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1 2  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Delay for spectators  (Read 3823 times)
omar
Forum Guru

Arimaa player #2

Re: Delay for spectators
« Reply #15 on: Jul 1st, 2010, 6:31am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

on Jun 30th, 2010, 4:47am, knarl wrote:
I just spectated (that's not a word, but I'm using it) a game between BlueScreenError and bot_Bomb2005Blitz to check out the delay.

Was this setup as an event game? The delay should only be happening for event games and not regular gameroom games.
IP Logged
knarl
Forum Guru

Arimaa player #1648

« Reply #16 on: Jul 1st, 2010, 10:35pm »

OK, then that's even more strange if the delay is only for event games.

Since then, I've viewed another game that did a similar thing, except I didn't stay for the end of the game, but it did the thing where the green clock highlight and countdown switched back and forth with no pieces moving.

I was using the javascript client both times if that is relevant.

Cheers,
knarl.
IP Logged
Fritzlein
Forum Guru

Arimaa player #706

Email

« Reply #17 on: Jul 2nd, 2010, 11:23pm »

on Jun 29th, 2010, 9:58pm, Fritzlein wrote:
 In any event I can make it for woh vs. Korhil Saturday morning, so that will be my first chance to check out the spectator delay.

Apparently woh vs. Korhil was moved to a new time when I wasn't paying attention, so I missed it.  Also apparently (from the chat room comments) the spectator delay is only one ply instead of four ply for people who are watching a game from the beginning.  This bug obviously needs to be fixed before the delay has it intended impact.
IP Logged

Hippo
Forum Guru

Arimaa player #4450

« Reply #18 on: Jul 3rd, 2010, 2:03am »

Actually the bug's behaviour is following: when you start watching in halfturn h, you are delayed min(h,4) halfturns. I was late one halfturn, arimabuff was on time. After I have reloaded the client at 4g I was delayed 4 halfturns as expected but Arimabuff didn't want to go back to history ...
IP Logged

omar
Forum Guru

Arimaa player #2

« Reply #19 on: Jul 10th, 2010, 8:50pm »

I rolled back this change. It was causing some unexplainable bugs in other places. I'll add it again once I figure out what's causing the bug.
IP Logged
omar
Forum Guru

Arimaa player #2

« Reply #20 on: Jul 29th, 2010, 12:19pm »

I've turned on the delay for spectators again for rated event games. Please post here if you notice any problems.
IP Logged
Fritzlein
Forum Guru

Arimaa player #706

Email

« Reply #21 on: Jul 29th, 2010, 7:00pm »

on Jul 29th, 2010, 12:19pm, omar wrote:
I've turned on the delay for spectators again for rated event games. Please post here if you notice any problems.

I experienced one artifact of the rollout: when I opened my Postal Mixer game against woh, it showed me the position from two moves ago.  I had to log on to the game room to open the game and play my move.
« Last Edit: Jul 29th, 2010, 7:00pm by Fritzlein » IP Logged

omar
Forum Guru

Arimaa player #2

« Reply #22 on: Jul 30th, 2010, 9:17am »

on Jul 29th, 2010, 7:00pm, Fritzlein wrote:

I experienced one artifact of the rollout: when I opened my Postal Mixer game against woh, it showed me the position from two moves ago.  I had to log on to the game room to open the game and play my move.

I just tried this while logged out of the gameroom, but the link in the email seems to be working OK for me. Maybe the client version makes a difference; I was using the JavaScript version.

Tried it with a the client set to Flash V2 HTTP. Actually when you are logged out, it defaults to using the JavaScript client. So I am not being able to reproduce this. Anyone else seeing this?
« Last Edit: Jul 30th, 2010, 9:23am by omar » IP Logged
Pages: 1 2  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Arimaa Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.