Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 7th, 2024, 2:08pm

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login Register Register
Arimaa Forum « wiki now open »

Arimaa Forum
   Arimaa
   Site Discussion
(Moderator: supersamu)
   wiki now open
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: wiki now open  (Read 1086 times)
froody
Forum Guru

I <3 nurpinar

phm_42@yahoo.co.uk   anteater042

wiki now open
« on: Dec 20th, 2011, 3:55am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

http://arimaa.com/arimaa/mwiki/index.php/Beginner%27s_Guide_to_the_Arima a_gameroom

Would be a good page to work on, if anyone feels like some wiki fun.

It looks like we're getting a lot of spam, so we might have to restrict new account creation soon Sad

Fritz: Do you have a link to your Arimaa lecture? It was hosted on motionbox, but motionbox died.
IP Logged

“Arimaa holds its master in its own bonds, shackling the mind and brain so that the inner freedom of the very strongest must suffer”
Fritzlein
Forum Guru

Arimaa player #706

Email

Re: wiki now open
« Reply #1 on: Dec 20th, 2011, 8:50am »

on Dec 20th, 2011, 3:55am, froody wrote:
Fritz: Do you have a link to your Arimaa lecture? It was hosted on motionbox, but motionbox died.

I have neither a link nor the original video file.  This event has been buried under the shifting sands of time.  No big loss, however, as it was about computer science, not about Arimaa strategy.
IP Logged

froody
Forum Guru

I <3 nurpinar

phm_42@yahoo.co.uk   anteater042

« Reply #2 on: Dec 20th, 2011, 9:17am »

Someone must have it... somewhere (I might even have it on an old disk, I know I've seen it, but can't remember if I d/led it or streamed it). I would like to watch it again. Do you still have your notes for the lecture? I want to put the stuff you said about ranking on the wiki. The bit about how playerB can beat playerC 3 out of 4 times, and playerA can beat playerB 3 out of 4 times... and so on. I forget what the technical name for it is...
IP Logged

“Arimaa holds its master in its own bonds, shackling the mind and brain so that the inner freedom of the very strongest must suffer”
thomastanck
Forum Senior Member

6366th Person to register!

« Reply #3 on: Jan 11th, 2012, 8:18am »

froody: isn't that like the ELO system?
IP Logged

Thomas Tan, a very bad Arimaa player.
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Arimaa Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.