Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 17th, 2024, 9:55am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login Register Register
Arimaa Forum « Arimaa Game Clock app for iPhone »

Arimaa Forum
   Arimaa
   General Discussion
(Moderator: supersamu)
   Arimaa Game Clock app for iPhone
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Arimaa Game Clock app for iPhone  (Read 2093 times)
omar
Forum Guru

Arimaa player #2

Arimaa Game Clock app for iPhone
« on: Dec 16th, 2010, 2:27pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

If you have an iPhone, iPad or iTouch you can now use it as a game clock with Arimaa time control settings. Search the app store for 'a1 game clock'. It also supports chess, backgammon and checkers time controls.

Hopefully someday this app will facilitate face to face Arimaa tournaments with Arimaa time controls.
IP Logged
Hirocon
Forum Senior Member

Arimaa player #4359

Re: Arimaa Game Clock app for iPhone
« Reply #1 on: Dec 25th, 2010, 1:56pm »

I just downloaded this and unlocked the full version.  It's very nice!  It's much more convenient than lugging around a physical game clock.

I have one suggestion for a future version / update.  Instead of having both players' times displayed in the same direction, have the gold times facing one direction and the silver times facing the opposite direction so you can set the device down between the players and have both players able to read their own times.  Or better yet, display both players' times in both directions, so each player can see his own time and his opponent's time.
IP Logged

omar
Forum Guru

Arimaa player #2

« Reply #2 on: Dec 25th, 2010, 4:13pm »

Glad to hear you liked it. Please give it a rating and review if you can. Thanks for the suggestion. I've made a note of it. Maybe we can do this by adding a button on the timer page to change the view. But I think we would have to cut out some info or use smaller fonts to make it fit.
IP Logged
Hirocon
Forum Senior Member

Arimaa player #4359

« Reply #3 on: Jan 17th, 2011, 3:02am »

I just got an update for this app with that includes the new display options.  Thank you for implementing my suggestion!
IP Logged

omar
Forum Guru

Arimaa player #2

« Reply #4 on: Jan 18th, 2011, 8:22am »

on Jan 17th, 2011, 3:02am, Hirocon wrote:
I just got an update for this app with that includes the new display options.  Thank you for implementing my suggestion!

Thanks for the suggestion.
IP Logged
VinceS
Forum Newbie

Arimaa player #6153

« Reply #5 on: Feb 26th, 2011, 2:13pm »

looks great ... but would it be possible to make also an iPad Version of this app?
IP Logged

Fritzlein
Forum Guru

Arimaa player #706

Email

« Reply #6 on: Feb 26th, 2011, 6:41pm »

on Feb 26th, 2011, 2:13pm, VinceS wrote:
looks great ... but would it be possible to make also an iPad Version of this app?

Also for the Ipad, we need an app that displays a board and lets you move Arimaa pieces around on the screen, sensing by touch where the pieces are, counting the number of steps, checking for move-legality, enforcing touch-move, and automatically changing whose clock is running once a fourth step is made.  That would be cool.  Grin
IP Logged

omar
Forum Guru

Arimaa player #2

« Reply #7 on: Mar 2nd, 2011, 11:06am »

on Feb 26th, 2011, 2:13pm, VinceS wrote:

The A1 Game Clock app also works on the iPad. It doesn't make use of the higher graphics resolution on the iPad, but it still looks pretty good.
IP Logged
omar
Forum Guru

Arimaa player #2

« Reply #8 on: Mar 2nd, 2011, 11:11am »

on Feb 26th, 2011, 6:41pm, Fritzlein wrote:

Also for the Ipad, we need an app that displays a board and lets you move Arimaa pieces around on the screen, sensing by touch where the pieces are, counting the number of steps, checking for move-legality, enforcing touch-move, and automatically changing whose clock is running once a fourth step is made.  That would be cool.  Grin

The Arimaa Trainer (also Arimaa Trainer Lite) apps work on the iPad as well. It even auto rotates the board so you can play sitting across from your opponent. It doesn't use the higher graphics resolution, but still looks pretty good. Give it a try.
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Arimaa Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.