Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 3rd, 2024, 12:57am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login Register Register
Arimaa Forum « random froody thoughts »

Arimaa Forum
   Arimaa
   General Discussion
(Moderator: supersamu)
   random froody thoughts
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1 2  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: random froody thoughts  (Read 4364 times)
froody
Forum Guru

I <3 nurpinar

phm_42@yahoo.co.uk   anteater042

Re: random froody thoughts
« Reply #15 on: Dec 18th, 2011, 4:28am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Quote:
Excellent.  Now we will have eleven participants!  Note that the entry fee for you is 11800 Arimaa points, and you should enter ASAP because it goes up 100 Arimaa points every day.

I didn't promise to enter. I will certainly lose the bet if I don't.

Quote:
No thanks.  $100 is a large gamble for me, and I would rather not up the stakes beyond that.  Furthermore, the terms of the existing bet give me a strong incentive not to help train you until after the World Championship is over.  Fortunately for you, there are many other people in the Arimaa community who freely share their insights and much has already been publicly written which you can study up on.   And once March has passed and the dust has settled, I'll be happy to play you more training games and discuss the results with you.

Oh, don't be lame, Karl. Even if you help me train I don't stand a chance against c&g. The man is a genius - not even a man - an Arimaa god. He's unbeatable. Invincible. He'd beat me with a horsecap and one hand behind his back. You're going to be a dollar richer no matter what I do. Even if I had a mind equal to Jean's, there simply isn't the time for me to catch up to him........... or is there?

Quote:
That's the spirit!

(((((-:    If I don't believe in myself, nobody else will.

Quote:
From a distance it might look like he and I are on the same plane, but let me assure you from up close that he is not just a little better than me.

I've already seen that. c&g is the only one I'm afraid of. But I've seen him make mistakes, so maybe he is beatable (but that might just be because nobody is putting a credible challenge to him so he gets sloppy cos he knows he'll win even with suboptimal moves). When we produce an Arimaa baby that can put some fear into him, then we'll see what his mind is really made of. How will he play when he's under some real pressure? Time will tell.

Quote:
P.S.  Your chat today makes me wonder whether you are  delaying registration on purpose.

I am. Hanzack is playing too, but we're leaving it until the last minute to enter. Mind games.

Quote:
the fact that you didn't register immediately when accepting the bet shows your true level of confidence in your chances to win.

(-:::: Do you think I'm stupid?

Quote:
We will have collectively set the market price of trash talk with no action at 100 Arimaa points.

Excellent. This is part of my plan. I hate trash talk. I don't believe in trash talk, I believe in good moves. In the future, no trash talk without paying for it!
IP Logged

“Arimaa holds its master in its own bonds, shackling the mind and brain so that the inner freedom of the very strongest must suffer”
Fritzlein
Forum Guru

Arimaa player #706

Email

« Reply #16 on: Dec 18th, 2011, 9:46am »

on Dec 18th, 2011, 4:28am, froody wrote:

Thanks for clarifying.  I was tricked into the bet by not understanding the terms.  I thought I was getting your guaranteed entry into the tournament and $1, although I see now that you never said so.  I will have to be on my guard to avoid getting outfoxed by you again.  Angry

Quote:
Oh, don't be lame, Karl.

Your psychological warfare needs refinement if you think this is the way to induce me to give you lessons.  Even hanzack has a more effective manipulation strategy than that!  Tongue

Quote:
(-:::: Do you think I'm stupid?

There is more than one explanation for your 100-to-1 bet on yourself to win the World Championship.  Wink
« Last Edit: Dec 18th, 2011, 9:50am by Fritzlein » IP Logged

chessandgo
Forum Guru

Arimaa player #1889

« Reply #17 on: Dec 18th, 2011, 11:21am »

on Dec 18th, 2011, 9:46am, Fritzlein wrote:
There is more than one explanation for your 100-to-1 bet on yourself to win the World Championship.  Wink

I believe Froody has already contacted Adanac, Nombril, Rabbits, Tuks and myself (non-exhaustive list) to play the WC under his account and let him win the appropriate match-ups (non-exhaustive list of abuse considered). You might have to win it to keep your 10k points :p
IP Logged

froody
Forum Guru

I <3 nurpinar

phm_42@yahoo.co.uk   anteater042

« Reply #18 on: Dec 19th, 2011, 12:31am »

on Dec 18th, 2011, 11:21am, chessandgo wrote:
I believe Froody has already contacted Adanac, Nombril, Rabbits, Tuks and myself (non-exhaustive list) to play the WC under his account and let him win the appropriate match-ups (non-exhaustive list of abuse considered). You might have to win it to keep your 10k points :p

Here is me denying this.
« Last Edit: Dec 19th, 2011, 12:37am by froody » IP Logged

“Arimaa holds its master in its own bonds, shackling the mind and brain so that the inner freedom of the very strongest must suffer”
Fritzlein
Forum Guru

Arimaa player #706

Email

« Reply #19 on: Jan 4th, 2012, 10:36am »

on Dec 18th, 2011, 4:28am, froody wrote:

Ah, too bad.  I was truly hoping you would take the plunge.  Oh, well, at least I start out the year ahead by $1. Undecided
IP Logged

Pages: 1 2  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Arimaa Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.