Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 2nd, 2024, 1:01am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login Register Register
Arimaa Forum « play from  smartphone? »

Arimaa Forum
   Arimaa
   General Discussion
(Moderator: supersamu)
   play from  smartphone?
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1 2  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: play from  smartphone?  (Read 4332 times)
Ail
Forum Guru

Rabbits can't push Rabbits!

Re: play from  smartphone?
« Reply #15 on: Mar 10th, 2014, 8:41am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

I think I just had the best game I've played so far against Level 9 of the Smartphone-Sharp.

It was a flawless victory in 29 moves. No capture on either side.
The opponent framed my camel and used a ton of pieces to uphold the frame.
Doing this allowed me to attack on the west-wing aswell and following the principles from the strategy&tactics-book.
I froze both his dogs and a rabbit with my horse while avoiding his horse with my smaller-pieces mostly using rabbits to unfreeze.
I tried to bring up Dogs and the other horse to attack c6 but then I realized that they were essentially blocking off the opponents other pieces from leaving the frame-place.

So I launced a goal attack where I essentially only had to fight a dog and 2 rabbits with my horse and two rabbits of my own.

Quite interesting to win this despite my Elephant and Camel never leaving e6 and f6 for almost the whole game.

Before this game I kinda was paranoid about getting my camel hostaged or getting something framed. I also tried doing these things myself. The consequence mostly was me getting swarmed and having a very hard time.

Now I'm not so sure about this anymore. If it takes 7 pieces to maintain a frame, one "strongest free piece", that in itself is prevented from free movement by many pieces ain't really gonna cut it.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 2  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Arimaa Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.