Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Apr 26th, 2024, 3:57am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login Register Register
Arimaa Forum « Rescheduling »

Arimaa Forum
   Team Games
   2011 Arimaa World League
(Moderators: megajester, supersamu)
   Rescheduling
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1 2 3  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Rescheduling  (Read 7668 times)
Nombril
Forum Guru

Arimaa player #4509

Email

Re: Rescheduling
« Reply #15 on: Dec 1st, 2011, 5:30pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Omar and I have agreed to play our game one hour earlier than originally scheduled, at 1PM central time.
IP Logged

chessandgo
Forum Guru

Arimaa player #1889

« Reply #16 on: Dec 2nd, 2011, 5:15pm »

our game is still at the original time; I suppose it'll be fine if we create a new game, or enter the scheduled game 3 hours later?
IP Logged

megajester
Forum Moderator
Forum Guru

Istanbul, Turkey

Email

« Reply #17 on: Dec 3rd, 2011, 5:45am »

on Dec 2nd, 2011, 5:15pm, chessandgo wrote:
our game is still at the original time; I suppose it'll be fine if we create a new game, or enter the scheduled game 3 hours later?

Does this help?

7.1.1 After players have privately agreed to reschedule the game, one of them must open a new thread in the "2011 Arimaa World League" section of the forum, stating that he and his opponent are rescheduling their official League game, providing the exact time. Once both players have clearly signalled their agreement in the thread, this game is considered the official game. The game advertised by the system in the gameroom is invalidated and is allowed to lapse.
IP Logged

omar
Forum Guru

Arimaa player #2

« Reply #18 on: Dec 3rd, 2011, 8:48am »

on Dec 1st, 2011, 5:30pm, Nombril wrote:
Omar and I have agreed to play our game one hour earlier than originally scheduled, at 1PM central time.

Yes.

Quote:
7.1.1 After players have privately agreed to reschedule the game, one of them must open a new thread in the "2011 Arimaa World League" section of the forum, stating that he and his opponent are rescheduling their official League game, providing the exact time.;

I assume it is OK to recycle this thread rather than start a new thread for each reschedule request.
IP Logged
chessandgo
Forum Guru

Arimaa player #1889

« Reply #19 on: Dec 3rd, 2011, 9:15am »

Oh ok, thanks. Sorry for the absence of a new thread, I hope posting here was ok as Omar says.
IP Logged

Nombril
Forum Guru

Arimaa player #4509

Email

« Reply #20 on: Dec 3rd, 2011, 12:50pm »

Except if we hope to have more spectators, it would be nice to update the scheduled games when we have agreed to new times far ahead of time...
IP Logged

Dolus
Forum Guru

Arimaa player #6845

DolusDeceit

« Reply #21 on: Dec 10th, 2011, 10:07am »

Just woke up to an important announcement from Eggman:

"Hi, Dolus. Our game today starts at 1:00 my time. Unfortunately I just found out I have to be somewhere at 12:30. I may make it back home by 1:00 but it will be close. Would you like to postpone our game until 1:30, just to be on the safe side (i.e. half an hour later than scheduled)? If that doesn't work for you, I'll bust my tail to be back by 1:00."

Yes, I am willing to postpone our game by half an hour later than scheduled (2 and a half hours from this post). Hopefully Eggman can post here in time to confirm.
IP Logged

Eggman
Forum Full Member

Arimaa player #6816

« Reply #22 on: Dec 10th, 2011, 10:16am »

Thanks, Dolus. I appreciate your agreement to start our game half an hour later than scheduled and am posting this in confirmation.
IP Logged

megajester
Forum Moderator
Forum Guru

Istanbul, Turkey

Email

« Reply #23 on: Dec 20th, 2011, 12:47am »

Any rescheduled games for the AWL 2011 Season 2 Tiebreaker Round will be announced in this thread.
IP Logged

Adanac
Forum Guru

Arimaa player #892

Email

« Reply #24 on: Dec 20th, 2011, 9:13am »

For some reason I have real difficulty getting my time preferences changed in time for the World League.  I logged into the gameroom yesterday but couldn't change my time preferences because "I wasn't registered".  Now I can change my preferred time but the games are already scheduled.

rabbits:  Is it OK if we move our game 6-7 hours earlier?  I have the whole day off on Friday but I'm too close to dinner time with the whole family.  And we'll probably be doing something in the afternoon too.  I'm not sure what time zone you're in but if you're EST then I'm thinking 10am - 11am works better.  If you're a late riser then maybe early afternoon but on a different day like December 24th or 26th.
IP Logged

megajester
Forum Moderator
Forum Guru

Istanbul, Turkey

Email

« Reply #25 on: Dec 20th, 2011, 11:04am »

on Dec 20th, 2011, 9:13am, Adanac wrote:
For some reason I have real difficulty getting my time preferences changed in time for the World League.  I logged into the gameroom yesterday but couldn't change my time preferences because "I wasn't registered".  Now I can change my preferred time but the games are already scheduled.

rabbits:  Is it OK if we move our game 6-7 hours earlier?  I have the whole day off on Friday but I'm too close to dinner time with the whole family.  And we'll probably be doing something in the afternoon too.  I'm not sure what time zone you're in but if you're EST then I'm thinking 10am - 11am works better.  If you're a late riser then maybe early afternoon but on a different day like December 24th or 26th.

I hope it's not because of something I'm doing...

Did you try clicking "Register"?
IP Logged

Adanac
Forum Guru

Arimaa player #892

Email

« Reply #26 on: Dec 20th, 2011, 12:55pm »

on Dec 20th, 2011, 11:04am, megajester wrote:

I hope it's not because of something I'm doing...

Did you try clicking "Register"?

I don't remember but that would explain the error message that I got!  Oh well, hopefully we can negotiate a time that works for both of us.
IP Logged

megajester
Forum Moderator
Forum Guru

Istanbul, Turkey

Email

« Reply #27 on: Dec 21st, 2011, 8:20am »

on Dec 20th, 2011, 12:55pm, Adanac wrote:

I don't remember but that would explain the error message that I got!  Oh well, hopefully we can negotiate a time that works for both of us.

Well, if you didn't it might have been because immediately above it there's a box for you to write in the name of your bot if you're registering a bot. If you're registering yourself you just leave the box blank and click "Register", but that one you have to work out for yourself. It's could be made a bit more obvious...
IP Logged

rabbits
Forum Guru

Arimaa player #1337

« Reply #28 on: Dec 21st, 2011, 6:21pm »

on Dec 20th, 2011, 9:13am, Adanac wrote:

Hmm, I may be traveling from Tennessee to Michigan soon, and I don't want to risk that conflicting with the game.  I could reschedule for pretty much any time on the 26th or 27th.
« Last Edit: Dec 21st, 2011, 6:40pm by rabbits » IP Logged

Adanac
Forum Guru

Arimaa player #892

Email

« Reply #29 on: Dec 22nd, 2011, 8:02am »

on Dec 21st, 2011, 6:21pm, rabbits wrote:

Hmm, I may be traveling from Tennessee to Michigan soon, and I don't want to risk that conflicting with the game.  I could reschedule for pretty much any time on the 26th or 27th.

How about anytime between 9am to 2pm on Monday the 26th.  That would put us somewhere between 2 hours before to 3 hours after the mistre-Nombril game?  I'll let you pick the time that works best for you that day.
IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Arimaa Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.