Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Mar 28th, 2024, 8:03pm

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login Register Register
Arimaa Forum « Forum Moderation »

Arimaa Forum
   Arimaa
   Site Discussion
(Moderator: supersamu)
   Forum Moderation
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Forum Moderation  (Read 1601 times)
Fritzlein
Forum Guru

Arimaa player #706

Email

Forum Moderation
« on: Jan 12th, 2015, 4:41pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

I just noticed that I am now moderator of many of the Arimaa forums.  I am fairly sure that I wasn't yesterday, and have no idea why I am now.  Omar hasn't contacted me about it.

I think I am a poor person for the job.  It's true that I am checking the forum daily now that the World Championships are underway, but I expect to be less involved in the coming year.  Would anyone else be interested in the job of moderator?  Thanks in advance.
IP Logged

supersamu
Forum Moderator
Forum Guru

Arimaa player #7523

Re: Forum Moderation
« Reply #1 on: Jan 12th, 2015, 5:43pm »

I am available for the job.
I pretty much check the forum whenever I log into the gameroom, and with the WC, the Challenge and the Postal Mixer, I pretty much log into the gameroom once a day.

I have never seen anything written by Arimaa Players requiring Moderation here anyway and I expect it to stay that way.

There has been some spam, I guess I would delete it then, even though doing that after about one year seems unnecessary.
IP Logged

browni3141
Forum Guru

Arimaa player #7014

« Reply #2 on: Jan 12th, 2015, 6:10pm »

on Jan 12th, 2015, 5:43pm, supersamu wrote:

I have never seen anything written by Arimaa Players requiring Moderation here anyway and I expect it to stay that way.

I've read a lot of the forum, and I can recall at least two players who were exceptions to this, but they were both before you or I were around. (I won't name and shame)
IP Logged

supersamu
Forum Moderator
Forum Guru

Arimaa player #7523

« Reply #3 on: Jan 12th, 2015, 8:26pm »

on Jan 12th, 2015, 6:10pm, browni3141 wrote:

I've read a lot of the forum, and I can recall at least two players who were exceptions to this, but they were both before you or I were around. (I won't name and shame)

I think I have opened every thread here in this forum and I think I know the players you are talking about, but I haven't actually read the content that needed moderation  Grin.
But the last incident had to be before my time.
IP Logged

omar
Forum Guru

Arimaa player #2

« Reply #4 on: Jan 14th, 2015, 6:11am »

Thanks for volunteering supersamu. I've made you the moderator.
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Arimaa Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.