Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Mar 29th, 2024, 6:44am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login Register Register
Arimaa Forum « One versus the Mob »

Arimaa Forum
   Team Games
   2007 One vs TheMob
(Moderators: supersamu, RonWeasley)
   One versus the Mob
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: One versus the Mob  (Read 10175 times)
Fritzlein
Forum Guru

Arimaa player #706

Email

Re: One versus the Mob
« Reply #75 on: Apr 11th, 2007, 7:48pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Ron, it looks like Omar has added a new postal time control of "1 week with 3 week reserve" in the gameroom.  That means you can kick off the game by logging in as TheMob and inviting chessandgo to a game at that speed.
IP Logged

omar
Forum Guru

Arimaa player #2

« Reply #76 on: Apr 11th, 2007, 9:12pm »

Yes, I've added a new time control under the postal section when you click on the 'Invite' button. The time control is: 7d/21d/100/21d/0.

So either TheMob or chessandgo should invite the other using this new time control. It will be a rated game I assume.

Im really glad to see this game taking shape. I intend to be a part of the mob Smiley
IP Logged
omar
Forum Guru

Arimaa player #2

« Reply #77 on: Apr 11th, 2007, 9:19pm »

Ron, there is no way in this forum to ban a player from one section. So we just have to trust chessandgo to not peek in the move threads. But he can definitely continue to read and discuss in this thread.

Your moderator power allows you to delete posts which you feel are inappropriate.  
IP Logged
99of9
Forum Guru

Gnobby's creator (player #314)

toby_hudson  

« Reply #78 on: Apr 11th, 2007, 10:44pm »

on Apr 11th, 2007, 9:12pm, omar wrote:
It will be a rated game I assume.

I think it might be better unrated.  I suppose it depends if we expect to have many Mob games with similar standard of play.  If not, then rating this will just punish Jean's rating (when we win Smiley).
IP Logged
The_Jeh
Forum Guru

Arimaa player #634

« Reply #79 on: Apr 11th, 2007, 11:24pm »

The Mob RU would never lower, would it, if one game takes 2-3 years?  We won't learn anything from rating the game, so let's not.  We can estimate our strength in hindsight after the game is over.
IP Logged
RonWeasley
Forum Moderator
Forum Guru

Harry's friend (Arimaa player #441)

« Reply #80 on: Apr 12th, 2007, 7:03am »

I also expected this to be unrated.  I agree that the Mob's rating means nothing and therefore should not interfere with chessandgo's rating.

I currently have 8 mobsters who have sent me their e-mails.  I sent back confirmation messages.  Anybody else may join the voting by sending my muggle friend their e-mail address.  (See previous post for instructions.)  Of course, you don't have to vote for your comments to be welcome.

Before I start the game, who plays gold?  I'd be willing to let chessandgo decide.
IP Logged
The_Jeh
Forum Guru

Arimaa player #634

« Reply #81 on: Apr 12th, 2007, 7:50am »

Earlier Fritzlein suggested TheMob play silver, and "speak up or forever hold your peace."  No one has spoken up otherwise, and Chessandgo has said that he doesn't care, so I guess we TheMob are playing silver.
IP Logged
RonWeasley
Forum Moderator
Forum Guru

Harry's friend (Arimaa player #441)

« Reply #82 on: Apr 12th, 2007, 11:43am »

chessandgo chose gold.  Game on!
IP Logged
Fritzlein
Forum Guru

Arimaa player #706

Email

« Reply #83 on: Apr 12th, 2007, 1:20pm »

Woohoo!  I didn't want this game to take up all my time, but I can already tell it will.  I'm going to lose all my postal tournament games due to neglect while discussing the merits of "cats back" vs. "dogs back".  Here I am posting from work.

Bad Fritz!
IP Logged

NIC1138
Forum Guru

Arimaa player #65536

« Reply #84 on: Apr 12th, 2007, 3:19pm »

on Apr 12th, 2007, 1:20pm, Fritzlein wrote:
Woohoo!  I didn't want this game to take up all my time, but I can already tell it will.  I'm going to lose all my postal tournament games due to neglect while discussing the merits of "cats back" vs. "dogs back".  Here I am posting from work.

Just wait until the first cat gets killed, and the flame war ensues!!! Cheesy
IP Logged
omar
Forum Guru

Arimaa player #2

« Reply #85 on: Apr 13th, 2007, 12:42am »

Hey Im glad to see this game is underway now. You guys are awsome.

Im wondering if maybe we should add a new one post thread called "About this game" which summerizes what is going on and gives instructions on how to participate; and mentions that anyone can join in at anytime. This will help new comers in getting started without have to read through this thread which has become pretty long now. I would nominate The_Jeh to start this thread since he's the one who initiated the idea for this game.

Ron, please add me to the list of mobsters if you haven't already. Thanks.
« Last Edit: Apr 13th, 2007, 12:43am by omar » IP Logged
Fritzlein
Forum Guru

Arimaa player #706

Email

« Reply #86 on: Apr 13th, 2007, 8:04am »

Thanks for starting the "About this game" thread, the_JEH.  Ron, can you make that thread sticky so it stays on top?
IP Logged

The_Jeh
Forum Guru

Arimaa player #634

« Reply #87 on: Apr 13th, 2007, 3:56pm »

Also, as new move threads are created, make them sticky so they stay in numerical order.  We should also probably keep new topics restricted to Moves, or else keep all other topics at the bottom of the list.
IP Logged
Fritzlein
Forum Guru

Arimaa player #706

Email

« Reply #88 on: Apr 13th, 2007, 5:39pm »

on Apr 13th, 2007, 3:56pm, The_Jeh wrote:
Also, as new move threads are created, make them sticky so they stay in numerical order.

I don't know about that.  By the time move twenty rolls around, I might not want to scroll past nineteen sticky threads to get to it.  I expect I'd rather have the top thread be the thread most recently posted to, except for the "about" thread.
IP Logged

The_Jeh
Forum Guru

Arimaa player #634

« Reply #89 on: Apr 13th, 2007, 10:04pm »

I see your point Fritzlein.  I thought it might be convenient to have all Move threads together in reverse order, but I suppose the current Move thread will be about the only one I care about.
« Last Edit: Apr 13th, 2007, 10:15pm by The_Jeh » IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Arimaa Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.