Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Mar 28th, 2024, 8:34am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login Register Register
Arimaa Forum « -- ROCKIES -- »

Arimaa Forum
   Team Games
   2011 Arimaa World League
(Moderators: megajester, supersamu)
   -- ROCKIES --
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1 2 3  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: -- ROCKIES --  (Read 7619 times)
megajester
Forum Moderator
Forum Guru

Istanbul, Turkey

Email

-- ROCKIES --
« on: Feb 1st, 2011, 4:10pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Welcome to the ROCKIES, tamers of the Wild West

The 2011 season is just around the corner. Time to stand up and be counted! If you can't see your name in the list below, just post in this thread saying you're one of us. All supporters are free to join.

Don't forget, this is your club, so feel free to speak your mind and come up with ideas to help us to success in the next League.

---------------

Manager: ChrisB

Membership:
*Aamir
*Braveheart
*camelback
*Dolus NEW
*Fireborn
*Fritzlein
*fritzlforpresident
*ginrunner
*Hirocon
*Ice
*knak
*ngerhart
*starjots
*tfitzgib

Last Updated: Feb 3, 2011
« Last Edit: Nov 8th, 2011, 3:06pm by megajester » IP Logged

Fritzlein
Forum Guru

Arimaa player #706

Email

Re: -- ROCKIES --
« Reply #1 on: Jun 20th, 2011, 4:10pm »

Hi, Team.  If the AWL gets started the week of July 4 as megajester now suggests (with most games probably on the weekend of July 9-10), I will be on vacation and unable to participate.  Do we have at least three volunteers who can play?  The composition doesn't matter so much at this stage, since any deficit or surplus can be smoothed out later, but forfeits are deadly.
IP Logged

ChrisB
Forum Guru

Arimaa player #2339

« Reply #2 on: Jun 20th, 2011, 10:48pm »

on Jun 20th, 2011, 4:10pm, Fritzlein wrote:
Hi, Team.  If the AWL gets started the week of July 4 as megajester now suggests (with most games probably on the weekend of July 9-10), I will be on vacation and unable to participate.  Do we have at least three volunteers who can play?  The composition doesn't matter so much at this stage, since any deficit or surplus can be smoothed out later, but forfeits are deadly.

Greeting Rockies!  Like Fritz, I'll also be on vacation the week of July 4th, as well as the previous week.  If we do start then, is anyone available to be acting captain? What needs to be done is to put together a roster of three volunteers and send it to megajester.

Also, new members are MOST WELCOME!!!
IP Logged

Hirocon
Forum Senior Member

Arimaa player #4359

« Reply #3 on: Jun 20th, 2011, 11:10pm »

Has the format officially changed to team games this year?  I'm not too eager to play a live team game again after last year's online festival.  Both team games I participated in ended by the total game time, which isn't much fun.  I don't think the quality of play was that great either; I think it just takes too much time to verbally communicate and reach a consensus.

I'm available to play the week of July 4 if the format is still one-on-one, but if the format has changed to live team games then I don't think I'll participate this season.
IP Logged

Fritzlein
Forum Guru

Arimaa player #706

Email

« Reply #4 on: Jun 21st, 2011, 12:23am »

It's still one-on-one matches.  Thanks for volunteering to play the opening week!
IP Logged

ChrisB
Forum Guru

Arimaa player #2339

« Reply #5 on: Aug 2nd, 2011, 9:12am »

Greetings Team!

The 2011 season is underway!  We'll be playing the Ring of Fire next week.

I'll be sending private messages through this forum to solicit volunteers.  If you're interested in playing, please send me a private message before next Monday, August 8.  (You can use the e-mail address CPBovee@charter.net as an alternate way to reach me.)

As before, new members are most welcome!  If you're interested in joining our team, please post in this thread.  Since we're again using rating budgets, players at all levels are needed.
IP Logged

ChrisB
Forum Guru

Arimaa player #2339

« Reply #6 on: Aug 4th, 2011, 8:48am »

on Aug 2nd, 2011, 9:12am, ChrisB wrote:
As before, new members are most welcome!  If you're interested in joining our team, please post in this thread.  Since we're again using rating budgets, players at all levels are needed.

I just want to add emphasis that new players (or old team members who haven't expressed interest yet) are greatly needed!  So far we just have three players who have recently expressed interest in participating:

Fritzlein
Hirocon
ChrisB

Especially needed are low-rated or inexperienced players.  It looks like our first round opponent, the Ring of Fire, is also recruiting inexperienced players.  So, any  player new to arimaa who joins us will have a good chance of being paired with a player of similar ability next week.
IP Logged

knak
Forum Full Member

Arimaa player #4724

« Reply #7 on: Aug 4th, 2011, 9:13am »

I will play for Rockies, though I'm not too good!
IP Logged

megajester
Forum Moderator
Forum Guru

Istanbul, Turkey

Email

« Reply #8 on: Aug 4th, 2011, 9:51am »

Knak has been added to the list at the top of this thread, and the official ratings list on the wiki.
IP Logged

ChrisB
Forum Guru

Arimaa player #2339

« Reply #9 on: Aug 4th, 2011, 10:06am »

on Aug 4th, 2011, 9:13am, knak wrote:

Welcome knak!  It's great to have you on the team!

If you're available to play in Round 1, please let me know by private message or at CPBovee@charter.net.

The game times for Round 1 are from Wednesday evening, August 10, through late-afternoon Sunday, August 14, at a time most convenient for both you and your opponent, as determined by an automated scheduler.
IP Logged

Fritzlein
Forum Guru

Arimaa player #706

Email

« Reply #10 on: Aug 4th, 2011, 4:33pm »

on Aug 4th, 2011, 9:13am, knak wrote:

Awesome, knak.  Welcome to the team!
IP Logged

Braveheart
Forum Newbie

Arimaa player #5734

« Reply #11 on: Aug 10th, 2011, 10:02pm »

Well, Fritz makes a pretty compelling argument about getting more playing time here than on the Atlantics, so I'm here to offer my services. If you guys want me, I'd be happy to join. Although I am closer to the Atlantic than the Rockies... But that's beside the point. Let me know.
IP Logged
ChrisB
Forum Guru

Arimaa player #2339

« Reply #12 on: Aug 10th, 2011, 10:47pm »

on Aug 10th, 2011, 10:02pm, Braveheart wrote:
Well, Fritz makes a pretty compelling argument about getting more playing time here than on the Atlantics, so I'm here to offer my services. If you guys want me, I'd be happy to join. Although I am closer to the Atlantic than the Rockies... But that's beside the point. Let me know.

Oh yes, we definitely could use more players.  You are in. Welcome to the Rockies, Braveheart!
IP Logged

Fritzlein
Forum Guru

Arimaa player #706

Email

« Reply #13 on: Aug 11th, 2011, 12:36pm »

For sure we can use you, Braveheart.  This round knak played to balance me out, and we appear to be over budget anyway.  Iirc, last season our team took a budget penalty because there was no alternative to my playing four times.  It will definitely help to have another volunteer to go to.
« Last Edit: Aug 11th, 2011, 12:36pm by Fritzlein » IP Logged

Braveheart
Forum Newbie

Arimaa player #5734

« Reply #14 on: Aug 12th, 2011, 12:12am »

I'll do what I can, although I should warn you all I'm not the best arimaa player... Anyway, how do we determine who is playing each round, and who manages our budget??
IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Arimaa Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.