Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Apr 20th, 2024, 3:47am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login Register Register
Arimaa Forum « Winning the Challenge »

Arimaa Forum
   Arimaa
   Arimaa Buzz
(Moderator: supersamu)
   Winning the Challenge
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Winning the Challenge  (Read 2142 times)
aaaa
Forum Guru

Arimaa player #958

Winning the Challenge
« on: Apr 18th, 2015, 7:57pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

As it's reasonable to expect a fair bit of reporting on Sharp winning the Challenge, let's try to consolidate such news items in this one thread.
IP Logged
aaaa
Forum Guru

Arimaa player #958

Re: Winning the Challenge
« Reply #1 on: Apr 19th, 2015, 7:14pm »

http://games.slashdot.org/story/15/04/19/2332209/computer-beats-humans-a t-arimaa
IP Logged
aaaa
Forum Guru

Arimaa player #958

« Reply #2 on: Apr 20th, 2015, 10:22am »

http://tweakers.net/nieuws/102596/computer-verslaat-mens-bij-strategiega me-arimaa.html (Dutch)
IP Logged
PotatoeTheCat
Forum Full Member

Arimaa player #9869

« Reply #3 on: Jul 12th, 2015, 11:50pm »

http://www.kingpinchess.net/2015/07/arimaa-game-over/
IP Logged
deep_blue
Forum Guru

Arimaa player #9854

« Reply #4 on: Jul 16th, 2015, 6:56pm »

Potatoe, why didn't you mention my game to show that one can still TACTICALLY beat sharp?  Sad
IP Logged
PotatoeTheCat
Forum Full Member

Arimaa player #9869

« Reply #5 on: Jul 19th, 2015, 11:52am »

@DB,  
Many thanks for your question.  The answer, in one word, is "Space".  In an ideal world, I would cover your, Fritz's, Browni's & Jean's victories over Sharp, in detail.  However, the article is already over 4000 words - double the length of the average KingPin article.  And its not even about Chess!

My friendly advice is: if you feel your victory is newsworthy, go write some copy!  

I was honestly surprised at how receptive KP was to my two articles on Arimaa.  Its a nice thematic win (an exemplar of when a Camel hostage is NOT worth an additional Cat).  I hear you are based in Germany.  Perhaps there is a regional angle to the story: eg "Local hero defeats World-Champion crushing bot".

@All,
Seriously, am I the only one who was disappointed at how little press/net coverage there was of recent important events.  I could find almost no coverage either the Sharp victory in CC or Browni victory in the WC?  Partly, the article was written in response to this gap.

I have created a separate thread for any comments or discussion of the 2nd KP article.  Please use that thread for this purpose, going forwards.
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Arimaa Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.