Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 6th, 2024, 9:49am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login Register Register
Arimaa Forum « New standalone application »

Arimaa Forum
   Arimaa
   Bot Development
(Moderator: supersamu)
   New standalone application
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1 2  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: New standalone application  (Read 3650 times)
Libor
Forum Junior Member

Arimaa player #2083

173706336 173706336    

Re: New standalone application
« Reply #15 on: May 21st, 2007, 7:55am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Thanks. I have a lot of exams this time, almost no time for programming.

It will be no problem to implement another input method.

Now I'm about to implement event model between several major classes (Board, Player, Game, ...). It's a crucial thing and I want not to make it in hurry. I hope the game will be playable after implementing this.
IP Logged
BOze
Forum Newbie

Arimaa player #2513

« Reply #16 on: Jun 7th, 2007, 3:29am »

Hi all,
I would like to build an CPU Player (Arimaa Bot) for this application, but I can't fing any links to the C# source code.
I'd like to do this for school (Artificial Intelligence lab), and post it here also, but I don't have enough time to build the UI and all other stuff.
So, if it's open source and I can download the C# (.Net) code from somewhere, please help me out with a link.
Thanks!
IP Logged
Fritzlein
Forum Guru

Arimaa player #706

Email

« Reply #17 on: Jun 7th, 2007, 7:54am »

Welcome to the wacky world of Arimaa!  You will find some useful files here: http://arimaa.com/arimaa/download/  However, there is nothing in C# available so far, so the code for your bot would make a welcome contribution.

The sample bots are in C and Java.  The game room interface for bots is in Perl.

Good luck getting your own bot up and running!
IP Logged

BOze
Forum Newbie

Arimaa player #2513

« Reply #18 on: Jun 7th, 2007, 9:53am »

I followed this topic and I have read through the lines that somebody will publish this code soon, and I thought I might get it even if it is not finished yet.
I've never worked with Perl and Java, and it really wouldn't be a pleasure for me to work in C anymore.
I'd really like to contribute to this C# project, but I have a short deadline on this one. So, I could really use the existing code even without the event model between the major classes that Libor says it's working on.
Many thanks!
IP Logged
PMertens
Forum Guru

Arimaa player #692

« Reply #19 on: Jun 7th, 2007, 1:57pm »

It should be relatively simple to convert the C++ Sample to C# if you know both languages, not that many lines of code ...
IP Logged
BOze
Forum Newbie

Arimaa player #2513

« Reply #20 on: Jun 8th, 2007, 2:32am »

Libor, do you think that your C# .Net code will be available soon?
IP Logged
Libor
Forum Junior Member

Arimaa player #2083

173706336 173706336    

« Reply #21 on: Jun 11th, 2007, 10:58am »

I've sent you a message.

For the others: Code is now available at SourceForge.net, but it is still from about 20% complete. I will return to this project when I will have more free time, which I hope will be after about two weeks from now.
IP Logged
leo
Forum Guru

« Reply #22 on: Dec 26th, 2007, 8:03pm »

What's up? I'm not a C# programmer but I guess I could help at least about the structure of the program (I made various basic Arimaa board interfaces in C++ with OpenGL and GDI+ to help me in bot development).

With GDI+, image resizing and resampling should be done only on window resizing, then cached images optimized for the current graphic surface should be created and used until the next resizing. Does GDI+ on .NET port well to non-Windows platforms?

The really tricky part is the gameroom protocol though. A standalone client should keep up with the changes and improvements made to the web interface, and handle all the unexpexted intricacies inherent to internet programming. Smiley

But I'm very much in favor of a standalone gameroom client that could also be used to watch locally saved games offline, quickly browse downloaded archives, etc. It's hard to get people to work together as they all have different technical preferences, but such an application would be great to have.

EDIT: I had a look at the gameroom images Omar made public. The pieces in PNG format with smooth alpha contours are great. The marble board JPG files look over-compressed though. (But I guess you have more urgent things to worry about with the championship coming. Smiley )
« Last Edit: Dec 26th, 2007, 8:34pm by leo » IP Logged
Pages: 1 2  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Arimaa Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.