Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 17th, 2024, 6:08am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login Register Register
Arimaa Forum « 2010 Challenge Match Hardware »

Arimaa Forum
   Arimaa
   Bot Development
(Moderator: supersamu)
   2010 Challenge Match Hardware
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1 2  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: 2010 Challenge Match Hardware  (Read 3145 times)
doublep
Forum Guru

Badger author

Re: 2010 Challenge Match Hardware
« Reply #15 on: Feb 4th, 2010, 12:00pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

on Feb 3rd, 2010, 12:57pm, tize wrote:

I think that adding the switch -m64 will do, but I haven't tried it myself.

Thank you, I will try this later.  Currently trunk Badger is in broken state and I cannot even compile a meaningful 32-bit binary, had to upload something older to gold.arimaa.com ;)
IP Logged
99of9
Forum Guru

Gnobby's creator (player #314)

toby_hudson  

« Reply #16 on: Feb 4th, 2010, 10:12pm »

on Feb 3rd, 2010, 4:37pm, omar wrote:

Installed sqlite. We'll figure out the rest as we go. Be sure to start porting early.

I get the error message:

/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lsqlite3

Perhaps I've set up my makefile wrongly, or maybe you don't have the development library?

Thanks
IP Logged
doublep
Forum Guru

Badger author

« Reply #17 on: Feb 7th, 2010, 5:00pm »

Is it possible to have GDB installed on gold.arimaa.com?  Badger hang completely in its last game.  While I'm almost certain what caused it (it's a known bug in Boost), I'd like to check first if possible.

EDIT: Also, please don't kill the hung up process if you will install GDB.  It doesn't eat CPU and I guess the memory used will be just transferred to virtual memory and thus won't hinder anything else.
« Last Edit: Feb 7th, 2010, 5:02pm by doublep » IP Logged
omar
Forum Guru

Arimaa player #2

« Reply #18 on: Feb 8th, 2010, 4:20pm »

on Feb 4th, 2010, 10:12pm, 99of9 wrote:

I get the error message:

/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lsqlite3

Perhaps I've set up my makefile wrongly, or maybe you don't have the development library?

Thanks

I did install sqlite development libraries using yum. Maybe I have to install them manually. Email me the line you use to compile and I'll check it out.

IP Logged
omar
Forum Guru

Arimaa player #2

« Reply #19 on: Feb 8th, 2010, 4:24pm »

on Feb 7th, 2010, 5:00pm, doublep wrote:
Is it possible to have GDB installed on gold.arimaa.com?  Badger hang completely in its last game.  While I'm almost certain what caused it (it's a known bug in Boost), I'd like to check first if possible.

EDIT: Also, please don't kill the hung up process if you will install GDB.  It doesn't eat CPU and I guess the memory used will be just transferred to virtual memory and thus won't hinder anything else.

OK I installed GDB.

IP Logged
jdb
Forum Guru

Arimaa player #214

« Reply #20 on: Feb 8th, 2010, 4:56pm »

This may be a stupid question, but here goes anyway.

Clueless uses the AEI interface.  

How do I make that work for the tournament?
IP Logged
Janzert
Forum Guru

Arimaa player #247

« Reply #21 on: Feb 8th, 2010, 7:24pm »

Ahh, sorry I was/am going to write up some instructions on that after installing OpFor, but I've not gotten OpFor installed yet either.

Basically just unpack AEI into the Bot directory (although all you need to put there is the 'gameroom.py' file and the directory pyrimaa with its contents). Then either delete or rename the current 'bot' script and rename 'gameroom.py' to 'bot'. Make sure the interface script is executable with a command like "chmod 754 bot". The AEI interface should now be installed and ready for use. Load your gameroom.cfg file into the Bot directory and make sure it contains the correct path and command to run your bot.

Janzert
IP Logged
doublep
Forum Guru

Badger author

« Reply #22 on: Feb 9th, 2010, 11:21am »

on Feb 8th, 2010, 4:24pm, omar wrote:

OK I installed GDB.

Thank you.  Let's hope Badger will not end up buggy like the last year ;)  I uploaded a hopefully fixed (with workaround for the Boost bug) version.

In case any other bot here is written in C++ and uses Boost thread library, be aware that interrupt_all() and probably just interrupt() is buggy on pthread backend (e.g. Linux), see https://svn.boost.org/trac/boost/ticket/2330
IP Logged
99of9
Forum Guru

toby_hudson  

« Reply #23 on: Feb 9th, 2010, 5:42pm »

on Feb 8th, 2010, 4:20pm, omar wrote:

I did install sqlite development libraries using yum. Maybe I have to install them manually. Email me the line you use to compile and I'll check it out.

Ok, I've figured out that it's the same problem as last year. -static and -lsqlite3 don't work together (because the sqlite file it looks up is not static).  So I need to instead link it with a file called libsqlite3.a (which I can't see on gold.arimaa.com).  Or that's my limited understanding at least.
IP Logged
99of9
Forum Guru

toby_hudson  

« Reply #24 on: Feb 9th, 2010, 5:43pm »

[Wrong, but I want to figure this out better later (last year I used times, this year i used nodes):

Gnobot runs 2.5 times faster on the server than it did on the qualifying machine.  

That's also roughly 1.76 times faster than last year's tourney machine if my forum reports last year were correct [calculation for later reference: 2.5(2010 tourney speedup compared to dual core)/(2.52(2009 tourney speedup compared to single core)/1.77 (2009 dual core speedup compared to single core)).
]
« Last Edit: Feb 9th, 2010, 6:13pm by 99of9 » IP Logged
doublep
Forum Guru

Badger author

« Reply #25 on: Feb 12th, 2010, 12:38pm »

on Feb 3rd, 2010, 12:57pm, tize wrote:

I think that adding the switch -m64 will do, but I haven't tried it myself.

Thank you.  It would suffice if I didn't use a few Boost runtime (not header-only libraries).  But with extra linking difficulties it is too hard for me.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 2  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Arimaa Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.