Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Apr 25th, 2024, 9:00am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login Register Register
Arimaa Forum « Planning AEI changes »

Arimaa Forum
   Arimaa
   Bot Development
(Moderator: supersamu)
   Planning AEI changes
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Planning AEI changes  (Read 2539 times)
Hippo
Forum Guru

Arimaa player #4450

Planning AEI changes
« on: Sep 16th, 2012, 6:07am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

I am planning to make more changes to gameroom.py. I would probably end with adding some primitives to AEI making new version of it.

I have discovered problem with time management form gameroom.py ... as my bot makes slow initialisation during first move of the game, the time for move given to bot is wrongly longer by the time the AEI was replaying game till the current move. This is why the bot typically times out. Problem especially appears when the bot is restarted during an on-line game.

I would try to make the bot more immune against connection problems. Both these changes don't require changes of the protocol.

Changes to the protocol are required due to start of eee games.
The "2" command and probably "1", "3" and "4" as well would be added to allow limiting the number of steps the engine could use on the following turn (obviously with 4 be the default).

The changes would include "chat" command as well.

... my TODO list grows ...
IP Logged

Janzert
Forum Guru

Arimaa player #247

Re: Planning AEI changes
« Reply #1 on: Sep 16th, 2012, 3:28pm »

I don't think it should need or use protocol level changes for any of this.

on Sep 16th, 2012, 6:07am, Hippo wrote:
Changes to the protocol are required due to start of eee games.
The "2" command and probably "1", "3" and "4" as well would be added to allow limiting the number of steps the engine could use on the following turn (obviously with 4 be the default).

For this use a setoption command, specifically something like:

Code:
setoption maximum_steps 2

It should probably be a static setting and not just applied to the next move. With the controller manually changing it back to 4 when the bot should return to playing with the full four steps.

Quote:
The changes would include "chat" command as well.

... my TODO list grows ...

The chat command should just be a specially formatted log response, e.g.:

Code:
log Chat: Hi, I'm a bot.

Good luck on the TODO list, I've never found a way to make one shrink. Wink

Janzert
IP Logged
Hippo
Forum Guru

Arimaa player #4450

Re: Planning AEI changes
« Reply #2 on: Oct 9th, 2012, 9:44am »

You can see, my TODO lists explodes, but sometimes it shrinks as well. As my bot plays turnament postal games from the comp I have difficulty to access, and I want to be informed about the state of the game, I was looking at the tables. Unfortunately there is 2 turns delay so I have to log as bot to see the current game state.
This made the bot losing session and it started rethinking the move.
One branch was to make gameroom.py be prepared for resending the computed move even when first attempt failed.
The other branch was to let the bot inform me about state of the game itself so I don't have the incentive to log to the gameroom as the bot.

Now it seems both branches are succesfully debugged.
Both are important as now I am testing new versions on  my laptop while the bot plays the postals, so the "sendmove error recovery" applies. And the other branch makes watching postals more funny.

Here radicheta is an example of the e-mail content automatically sent to me.
I have created gmail account for my bot for this purposes. With a gmail account it is now configurable in gameroom.cfg.

Hmmm, I can see gameroom.py again is not perfect as it does not resent postmove chat in the move case Sad.
(Feature implemented recently ... asked by Asger)
« Last Edit: Oct 9th, 2012, 9:54am by Hippo » IP Logged

Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Arimaa Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.