Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 7th, 2024, 7:06am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login Register Register
Arimaa Forum « 2007 Postal Tournament »

Arimaa Forum
   Arimaa
   Events
(Moderator: supersamu)
   2007 Postal Tournament
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1 2 3 4  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: 2007 Postal Tournament  (Read 4024 times)
Fritzlein
Forum Guru

Arimaa player #706

Email

Re: 2007 Postal Tournament
« Reply #45 on: Sep 9th, 2007, 10:18am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Congratulations, chessandgo, on an amazing undefeated tournament.  I know that the focus of the Postal Tournament was supposed to be more on participation and less on determining who the best player is, but it is nevertheless quite clear the you outperformed us all.  Well done.

Now only two tournament games remain, including my game against Ron_Weasley for second place.
IP Logged

chessandgo
Forum Guru

Arimaa player #1889

« Reply #46 on: Sep 9th, 2007, 2:03pm »

thanks, Karl !
IP Logged

RonWeasley
Forum Guru

Harry's friend (Arimaa player #441)

« Reply #47 on: Sep 9th, 2007, 6:35pm »

Tournament games still going on?  What slowpokes!  These last games are like sitting through a lecture from Professor Binns.
IP Logged
99of9
Forum Guru

Gnobby's creator (player #314)

toby_hudson  

« Reply #48 on: Sep 9th, 2007, 8:30pm »

Nice one Jean!  We tried as hard as we could to beat you Smiley. I suppose we'll just have to try again as TheMob, and see if we can do it together.  I think this justifies your choice as the Mob game opponent.
« Last Edit: Sep 9th, 2007, 8:31pm by 99of9 » IP Logged
Fritzlein
Forum Guru

Arimaa player #706

Email

« Reply #49 on: Sep 9th, 2007, 10:46pm »

on Sep 9th, 2007, 8:30pm, 99of9 wrote:
I think this justifies your choice as the Mob game opponent.

Indeed, Jean is the right one for the job.  As soon as my last Postal Tournament game is over, I may take a bit of a break from Arimaa, so I would have been a poor choice for the One.  (I know, I've threatened to take a break several times before, and I've always been too addicted, but this may be the time...)

Chessandgo, I'm pretty sure that the Mob is playing better than any of us would individually.  For example, the Mob out-voted me to charge forward with a horse as I never would have done, and it turned out to be a strong move.  Even so, our combined efforts might not be enough!

I think we should start a tradition that the winner of the Postal Tournament takes on the world in a postal game.  This year we jumped the gun by a few months, but quite possibly the current Mob game will last us until next year's Postal Tournament ends, and we have a new champion (or the same one).
« Last Edit: Sep 9th, 2007, 10:51pm by Fritzlein » IP Logged

arimaa_master
Forum Guru

Arimaa player #2010

« Reply #50 on: Sep 10th, 2007, 2:10am »

I am happy to announce that I  withstood the maximum number of moves (45) of all of chessandgo's opponents in this 2007 postal tournament (nevertheless still lost Smiley).

IP Logged
chessandgo
Forum Guru

Arimaa player #1889

« Reply #51 on: Sep 10th, 2007, 5:13am »

lol arimaa_master Wink

Thanks a lot, guys, these games were a lot of fun, and many of them could have gone one way or the other.

Let's make a petition against Karl taking a break from arimaa ... if words aren't enough, I propose commando action to sneak posters of arimaa and snapshots from arimaa games everywhere he will go Wink

As for the Mob game, you guys got me in this opening ... and with my own beloved technique Smiley gonna be tough ... would you folks accept a draw offer ? Smiley
IP Logged

arimaa_master
Forum Guru

Arimaa player #2010

« Reply #52 on: Sep 10th, 2007, 7:15am »

on Sep 10th, 2007, 5:13am, chessandgo wrote:
lol arimaa_master Wink

Thanks a lot, guys, these games were a lot of fun, and many of them could have gone one way or the other.

Let's make a petition against Karl taking a break from arimaa ... if words aren't enough, I propose commando action to sneak posters of arimaa and snapshots from arimaa games everywhere he will go Wink

As for the Mob game, you guys got me in this opening ... and with my own beloved technique Smiley gonna be tough ... would you folks accept a draw offer ? Smiley

Draw? No way! We are going to win!  Cool
IP Logged
camelback
Forum Guru

Arimaa perl monger

« Reply #53 on: Sep 10th, 2007, 8:57am »

CONGRATS Chessandgo!!! and Welcome to the all-win club.  

It's unfortunate we didn't played together but the good thing is, you would have been so lonely in the club then. Now, you got company  Grin  Grin
IP Logged
omar
Forum Guru

Arimaa player #2

« Reply #54 on: Nov 6th, 2007, 7:11pm »

I have returned the 2007 postal tournament fees to everyone who did not time-out, resign or forfeit any games. If you do not receive it please let me know. Thanks everyone for playing.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 4  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Arimaa Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.