Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 4th, 2024, 2:02am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login Register Register
Arimaa Forum « 2011 WC - Commentary and Reporting »

Arimaa Forum
   Arimaa
   Events
(Moderator: supersamu)
   2011 WC - Commentary and Reporting
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 13  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: 2011 WC - Commentary and Reporting  (Read 12661 times)
chessandgo
Forum Guru

Arimaa player #1889

Re: 2011 WC - Commentary and Reporting
« Reply #165 on: Mar 8th, 2011, 10:39am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

on Mar 8th, 2011, 9:43am, Fritzlein wrote:
The currently scheduled times are at least fair to the players; perhaps it is best not to tamper with them?

Well, whatever you guys prefer. My selected top slots were the 2pm-6pm CET times on Saturday and Sunday, ie slots 62-66 and 86-90, I'm fine with whatever seems best for yourself, Tuks and Adanac within this time frame.
IP Logged

Tuks
Forum Guru

Arimaa player #2626

« Reply #166 on: Mar 8th, 2011, 11:26am »

i can do an hour or two later, if its more convenient
IP Logged
Arimabuff
Forum Guru

Arimaa player #2764

« Reply #167 on: Mar 8th, 2011, 2:17pm »

If you make any changes, be sure to make them soon, because people may no appreciate having to wait one more hour than expected and some of them could leave before the game is even started.
IP Logged
SpeedRazor
Forum Guru

Skepticism is the Immune System of Science

Email

« Reply #168 on: Mar 11th, 2011, 11:16am »

As an West-Coaster, I'm missing those games for nothing!

A problem though, is at 5:30 AM Pacific Standard Time, the very last Melody Amber tournament's second round starts with one of my favorite players, Hikaru Nakamura, finally invited.  Although I'm turning off ICCs audio to listen to those two great Arimaa 'battles', I'll be watching both, and this might be a conflict for fans of both beautiful games:  Chess and Arimaa.  Just saying...

At the risk of posting inappropriately, I thought that that French-speaking Commentator, Arimabuff, did an exemplary job last weekend.  Thank you, Arimaabuff - I'd do it if I could!

So ... when is that super-high rated Harry Potter guy going to commentate?
IP Logged
Fritzlein
Forum Guru

Arimaa player #706

Email

« Reply #169 on: Mar 11th, 2011, 6:36pm »

I am trying to figure out what effect daylight savings time is going to have on the games scheduled for Sunday.  If I remember correctly, the games are scheduled in UTC, which does not move.  That is to say, my game is presently showing as 12:00 local time, but when we all move our clocks forward Sunday morning, it will suddenly display as 13:00 local time.  The game time will not have moved, only our local clocks will have moved.

If anyone thinks they know what will happen, please confirm or contradict.  I'm willing to get up early to commentate Tuks vs. chessandgo, but if I am losing an hour more than I thought I would, I will just sleep in instead. Sad
IP Logged

RonWeasley
Forum Guru

Harry's friend (Arimaa player #441)

« Reply #170 on: Mar 11th, 2011, 6:42pm »

on Mar 11th, 2011, 11:16am, SpeedRazor wrote:

So ... when is that super-high rated Harry Potter guy going to commentate?

You mean me?  I've done a few games, but it's hard for me to commit to an entire game.  I think the other commentators do better than me.  And I'm not very funny in real-time, so everybody loses.
IP Logged
Arimabuff
Forum Guru

Arimaa player #2764

« Reply #171 on: Mar 11th, 2011, 7:43pm »

on Mar 11th, 2011, 6:36pm, Fritzlein wrote:
I am trying to figure out what effect daylight savings time is going to have on the games scheduled for Sunday.  If I remember correctly, the games are scheduled in UTC, which does not move.  That is to say, my game is presently showing as 12:00 local time, but when we all move our clocks forward Sunday morning, it will suddenly display as 13:00 local time.  The game time will not have moved, only our local clocks will have moved.

If anyone thinks they know what will happen, please confirm or contradict.  I'm willing to get up early to commentate Tuks vs. chessandgo, but if I am losing an hour more than I thought I would, I will just sleep in instead. Sad

I think it's safe to assume that the time of the game is absolute as daylight savings time changes from country to country, in Europe for instance, it's still two weeks away.

IOW, if you spring forward then so will the time of your game.
« Last Edit: Mar 11th, 2011, 7:46pm by Arimabuff » IP Logged
Fritzlein
Forum Guru

Arimaa player #706

Email

« Reply #172 on: Mar 14th, 2011, 9:14pm »

I can commentate only the first bit of Adanac vs. chessandgo Saturday morning before I leave for frisbee.  10:30 is a hard stop, so that's an hour and fifteen minutes counting the delay.  I'll sign myself up as co-commentator.  I hope that we can get both an anchor and a main commentator as well, so that there will still be two commentators after I leave.
IP Logged

mistre
Forum Guru

« Reply #173 on: Mar 14th, 2011, 10:07pm »

Who was the main commentator for the Fritzlein-Adanac match in the last round of the WC?  Whoever it was, it was very entertaining and the best commentator I have heard so far.
IP Logged

Eltripas
Forum Guru

Meh-he-kah-naw

« Reply #174 on: Mar 15th, 2011, 12:58am »

on Mar 14th, 2011, 10:07pm, mistre wrote:
Who was the main commentator for the Fritzlein-Adanac match in the last round of the WC?  Whoever it was, it was very entertaining and the best commentator I have heard so far.

You will need to be a little more specific about what you understand for "main commentator" in this one.
IP Logged
Fritzlein
Forum Guru

Arimaa player #706

Email

« Reply #175 on: Mar 15th, 2011, 1:35am »

Arimabuff was listed as the main commentator and megajester was listed as the anchor.  However, megajester talked more during the bit of the commentary that I listened to, the last bit, after I had already lost.  Megajester has a British accent; Arimabuff a French accent.
IP Logged

Arimabuff
Forum Guru

Arimaa player #2764

« Reply #176 on: Mar 15th, 2011, 2:08am »

on Mar 14th, 2011, 9:14pm, Fritzlein wrote:
I can commentate only the first bit of Adanac vs. chessandgo Saturday morning before I leave for frisbee.  10:30 is a hard stop, so that's an hour and fifteen minutes counting the delay.  I'll sign myself up as co-commentator.  I hope that we can get both an anchor and a main commentator as well, so that there will still be two commentators after I leave.

I volunteer as co-commentator/part commentator on this one, IE I can either co commentate with you or take over after you're gone, depending on who else will be available or I can serve as anchor.
IP Logged
megajester
Forum Guru

Istanbul, Turkey

Email

« Reply #177 on: Mar 15th, 2011, 3:52am »

Thanks mistre, I'll take that as a complement for both of us! We made a good team there. I did the smooth talking, Arimaabuff provided the meaningful analysis Smiley

I hope the three of us will be able to put on an even better show in the final, because all three of us will have plenty of time to collect our thoughts.

Also Arimabuff, did you notice the link under Announcements in the gameroom to the Google spreadsheet where you can register as a commentator?
IP Logged

Arimabuff
Forum Guru

Arimaa player #2764

« Reply #178 on: Mar 15th, 2011, 2:59pm »

on Mar 15th, 2011, 3:52am, megajester wrote:
Thanks mistre, I'll take that as a complement for both of us! We made a good team there. I did the smooth talking, Arimaabuff provided the meaningful analysis Smiley

I hope the three of us will be able to put on an even better show in the final, because all three of us will have plenty of time to collect our thoughts.

Also Arimabuff, did you notice the link under Announcements in the gameroom to the Google spreadsheet where you can register as a commentator?

Thanks for the tip, I am registered now.
IP Logged
Fritzlein
Forum Guru

Arimaa player #706

Email

« Reply #179 on: Mar 15th, 2011, 4:29pm »

on Mar 15th, 2011, 3:52am, megajester wrote:

The spreadsheet there is a little confusing, as it already has a sheet for Round 12, even though we are just on Round 11.  You two have signed up for Adanac to have an upset victory this week, creating the need for one more game.  Wink

Anyway, I'm looking forward to being part of the trio on Saturday, at least for as long as I can stay; thanks for joining me, guys!
IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 13  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Arimaa Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.