Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 4th, 2024, 4:44am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login Register Register
Arimaa Forum « 2011 WC - Commentary and Reporting »

Arimaa Forum
   Arimaa
   Events
(Moderator: supersamu)
   2011 WC - Commentary and Reporting
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 12 13  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: 2011 WC - Commentary and Reporting  (Read 12664 times)
Fritzlein
Forum Guru

Arimaa player #706

Email

Re: 2011 WC - Commentary and Reporting
« Reply #150 on: Feb 28th, 2011, 9:25pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

For Round 9, it wouldn't be reasonable for me to commentate Tuks-Hippo, because my game might still be going on, and because I expect to be totally fried even if it is over.  So my only option is the early (for me) chessandgo-Adanac game.  Hopefully being groggy from lack of sleep is less critical for commentary than it is for playing.  Smiley
« Last Edit: Feb 28th, 2011, 9:25pm by Fritzlein » IP Logged

megajester
Forum Guru

Istanbul, Turkey

Email

« Reply #151 on: Mar 1st, 2011, 12:51am »

This week I've got a 2-day convention to prepare for so I'm afraid I probably won't be available for any of the games to do commentary. Sad FYI
IP Logged

chessandgo
Forum Guru

Arimaa player #1889

« Reply #152 on: Mar 1st, 2011, 5:43am »

I won't be available for the Sunday games either.
IP Logged

Adanac
Forum Guru

Arimaa player #892

Email

« Reply #153 on: Mar 1st, 2011, 6:51am »

on Feb 28th, 2011, 9:25pm, Fritzlein wrote:
For Round 9, it wouldn't be reasonable for me to commentate Tuks-Hippo, because my game might still be going on, and because I expect to be totally fried even if it is over.  So my only option is the early (for me) chessandgo-Adanac game.  Hopefully being groggy from lack of sleep is less critical for commentary than it is for playing.  Smiley

This is a case where the 15 minute delay definitely works to your advantage as a commentator.  Maybe Toby can volunteer to start the commentary and then you can take over when he goes to sleep?  Smiley

I wasn't planning to do any commentary this weekend but I'll re-consider now that everyone else has to back out.  I'll try to make sure my Sunday afternoon is free.  Will there be a separate channel for each game?
IP Logged

Arimabuff
Forum Guru

Arimaa player #2764

« Reply #154 on: Mar 1st, 2011, 6:45pm »

I'd volunteer to do a commentary but I don't know what games are still available. Can someone enlighten me?
IP Logged
Adanac
Forum Guru

Arimaa player #892

Email

« Reply #155 on: Mar 1st, 2011, 7:27pm »

on Mar 1st, 2011, 6:45pm, Arimabuff wrote:
I'd volunteer to do a commentary but I don't know what games are still available. Can someone enlighten me?

Are you looking for a solo game or do you want a co-commentator?  Tuks - Hippo has no commentator yet, so that's open if you want it.  The game would start Sunday 20:00 your local time.
IP Logged

Arimabuff
Forum Guru

Arimaa player #2764

« Reply #156 on: Mar 2nd, 2011, 12:47pm »

on Mar 1st, 2011, 7:27pm, Adanac wrote:

Are you looking for a solo game or do you want a co-commentator?  Tuks - Hippo has no commentator yet, so that's open if you want it.  The game would start Sunday 20:00 your local time.

I am sorry, I should have been more precise. I'd like to be co-commentator for a start and see how it goes from there. I'd be a solo commentator in a pinch but don't expect too much of me in that case.
IP Logged
Adanac
Forum Guru

Arimaa player #892

Email

« Reply #157 on: Mar 2nd, 2011, 3:22pm »

on Mar 2nd, 2011, 12:47pm, Arimabuff wrote:

I am sorry, I should have been more precise. I'd like to be co-commentator for a start and see how it goes from there. I'd be a solo commentator in a pinch but don't expect too much of me in that case.

Do you want to co-commentate the Fritzlein - rabbits game with me?
IP Logged

Nombril
Forum Guru

Arimaa player #4509

Email

« Reply #158 on: Mar 2nd, 2011, 9:02pm »

There is a high probability I can provide commentary for the Tuks/Hippo game.  (Fritz, I can probably be up in time to provide co-commentary for the Saturday game, if you are interested.)
IP Logged

Fritzlein
Forum Guru

Arimaa player #706

Email

« Reply #159 on: Mar 2nd, 2011, 10:57pm »

on Mar 2nd, 2011, 9:02pm, Nombril wrote:
There is a high probability I can provide commentary for the Tuks/Hippo game.  (Fritz, I can probably be up in time to provide co-commentary for the Saturday game, if you are interested.)

Sure, I can use a co-commentator, although the first priority is of course having a main commentator for every game, so if you only have time/energy on the weekend for one, please let it be Tuks vs. Hippo.
IP Logged

Arimabuff
Forum Guru

Arimaa player #2764

« Reply #160 on: Mar 3rd, 2011, 2:30am »

on Mar 2nd, 2011, 3:22pm, Adanac wrote:

Do you want to co-commentate the Fritzlein - rabbits game with me?

Count me in.
IP Logged
Fritzlein
Forum Guru

Arimaa player #706

Email

« Reply #161 on: Mar 7th, 2011, 8:38pm »

Hmmm, Tuks vs. chessandgo is scheduled for Sunday morning.  I think I could deal with the early time, but I am afraid that commentating might tire me out for my own game Sunday noon.  Adanac, what would you think of a pact for both of us to commentate Tuks vs. chessandgo, so that there would be no fatigue advantage either way for our game later?
IP Logged

Arimabuff
Forum Guru

Arimaa player #2764

« Reply #162 on: Mar 8th, 2011, 2:07am »

I volunteer to commentate on the game Fritz. vs Adanac.
IP Logged
chessandgo
Forum Guru

Arimaa player #1889

« Reply #163 on: Mar 8th, 2011, 5:32am »

on Mar 7th, 2011, 8:38pm, Fritzlein wrote:
Hmmm, Tuks vs. chessandgo is scheduled for Sunday morning.  I think I could deal with the early time, but I am afraid that commentating might tire me out for my own game Sunday noon.  Adanac, what would you think of a pact for both of us to commentate Tuks vs. chessandgo, so that there would be no fatigue advantage either way for our game later?

Commentary or not, Greg will be up before the scheduled time, no worry Smiley

Actually later times are equally fine for me, my whole Sunday afternoon had top priority, I suspect the algorithm might pick the earliest common convenient time. If Tuks is fine as well with later slots, maybe we should postpone the game by a few hours to make it more commentator- and spectator-friendly?
IP Logged

Fritzlein
Forum Guru

Arimaa player #706

Email

« Reply #164 on: Mar 8th, 2011, 9:43am »

on Mar 8th, 2011, 5:32am, chessandgo wrote:
If Tuks is fine as well with later slots, maybe we should postpone the game by a few hours to make it more commentator- and spectator-friendly?

For me it isn't a big deal.  One hour later is better, but two hours later would leave me less time to recover between games, and three hours later might make it overlap with my game.  On the other hand, for people on the west coast of the U.S., the currently scheduled time is 5:00 in the morning, so they might appreciate three hours later.

I suppose that our maximum audience potential is after the west coast of the U.S. is awake and before east Europe has gone to bed.  To meet this objective, we might move Tuks vs. chessandgo three hours later and Fritzlein vs. Adanac two hours later.  The latter is fine with me.  But that also is terrible for Asia; at least the present early game might not be too late on Sunday for Asian viewers, whereas moving it later would put it into the middle of the night for them.

By chance I am also free all Saturday this week, so it would improve things for me if either game were moved 24 hours earlier.  Then there would be no issue of exhaustion from both playing and commentating on Sunday.  Also the community might benefit from having two days with an event instead of one day with two events.  Or is this a benefit?  Maybe the largest crowd is achieved with a double event where folks just drop by for as much of it as they can.

The currently scheduled times are at least fair to the players; perhaps it is best not to tamper with them?
« Last Edit: Mar 8th, 2011, 9:48am by Fritzlein » IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 12 13  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Arimaa Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.