Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 4th, 2024, 6:34am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Login Login Register Register
Arimaa Forum « 2011 WC - Commentary and Reporting »

Arimaa Forum
   Arimaa
   Events
(Moderator: supersamu)
   2011 WC - Commentary and Reporting
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12  13 Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: 2011 WC - Commentary and Reporting  (Read 12666 times)
Adanac
Forum Guru

Arimaa player #892

Email

Re: 2011 WC - Commentary and Reporting
« Reply #135 on: Feb 22nd, 2011, 7:48am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

on Feb 22nd, 2011, 5:03am, rbarreira wrote:
I saw someone saying in the chat room that the Hippo vs Fritzlein game had been uploaded, but I don't see it in the usual place. (2011 WC folder in the file manager)

I've caught up on the Wiki too.  All the games with commentary should now have links to the appropriate file, though admittedly it's much easier to find the game you're looking for on the videos page  Wink.

Also, I'd like to thank Tomas Lasmer (DrHades) for taking the initiative to research the past WC head-to-head results for the 8 finalits and posting them in the Wiki.  You can find the table on the main page:
http://arimaa.com/arimaa/mwiki/index.php/2011_World_Championship
IP Logged

Fritzlein
Forum Guru

Arimaa player #706

Email

« Reply #136 on: Feb 22nd, 2011, 11:17am »

I can probably commentate hanzack vs. rabbits and Adanac vs. Tuks this week, if the times don't change by the final scheduling.  (and if I have no equipment failures Tongue)
« Last Edit: Feb 22nd, 2011, 11:18am by Fritzlein » IP Logged

chessandgo
Forum Guru

Arimaa player #1889

« Reply #137 on: Feb 22nd, 2011, 12:28pm »

I should be able to do Fritz-Nombril with the current scheduling. Co-commentators are welcome! Smiley
IP Logged

Adanac
Forum Guru

Arimaa player #892

Email

« Reply #138 on: Feb 22nd, 2011, 1:47pm »

on Feb 22nd, 2011, 12:28pm, chessandgo wrote:
I should be able to do Fritz-Nombril with the current scheduling. Co-commentators are welcome! Smiley

I'm gone the entire weekend, so I'll miss all the fun  Cry No commentary or Wiki updates from me.  I plan to observe the games directly from the video page next Monday so that I can watch them with commentary and without any spoilers as to who will win.  Smiley
IP Logged

Fritzlein
Forum Guru

Arimaa player #706

Email

« Reply #139 on: Feb 22nd, 2011, 7:59pm »

on Feb 22nd, 2011, 1:47pm, Adanac wrote:
I'm gone the entire weekend, so I'll miss all the fun  Cry

uh... If you are gone all weekend, how did your game time get changed from Monday afternoon to Sunday morning?  I probably won't be up early enough to commentate, so I have removed my name from the spreadsheet.
IP Logged

omar
Forum Guru

Arimaa player #2

« Reply #140 on: Feb 24th, 2011, 8:11am »

Karl, the Adanac-Tuks game has been moved back to the original time on Monday. Do you think you can commentate?

We also need a commentator for Hippo-chessandgo game. Would anyone like to cover this one? Should be a pretty exciting game.
IP Logged
Fritzlein
Forum Guru

Arimaa player #706

Email

« Reply #141 on: Feb 24th, 2011, 8:25am »

on Feb 24th, 2011, 8:11am, omar wrote:
Karl, the Adanac-Tuks game has been moved back to the original time on Monday. Do you think you can commentate?.

Yes, I should be able to commentate on Monday.  I have added my name back to the spreadsheet.
IP Logged

Adanac
Forum Guru

Arimaa player #892

Email

« Reply #142 on: Feb 24th, 2011, 9:56am »

I like to mention the names of the commentators in the Wiki site but I'm having difficulty with this game.  Can anyone identify the voice from  
5:42 - 5:47  
6:07 - 6:59
22:26 - 22:35
45:38 -46:17
most of the final 2 minutes
and many other spots in this audio file?

I apologize to whoever is speaking there, but I can't identify the voice.  The accent sounds exactly like megajester but the voice is much different.

http://arimaa.com/arimaa/videos/2011wc/R3-ginrunner-omar.mp3
« Last Edit: Feb 24th, 2011, 10:05am by Adanac » IP Logged

megajester
Forum Guru

Istanbul, Turkey

Email

« Reply #143 on: Feb 24th, 2011, 11:13am »

It is me. You're right it is a bit weird, maybe it's something to do with the compression.

BTW I've put my name down for Hippo - chessandgo. Even if there's nobody else to commentate, I'm sure I'll get by with a little help from the chatroom hecklers Smiley
« Last Edit: Feb 24th, 2011, 11:15am by megajester » IP Logged

Adanac
Forum Guru

Arimaa player #892

Email

« Reply #144 on: Feb 24th, 2011, 4:09pm »

on Feb 24th, 2011, 11:13am, megajester wrote:
It is me. You're right it is a bit weird, maybe it's something to do with the compression.

BTW I've put my name down for Hippo - chessandgo. Even if there's nobody else to commentate, I'm sure I'll get by with a little help from the chatroom hecklers Smiley

For the first time in my life, I've missed a flight and there weren't any reasonable alternative flight times.  So, after thinking that I would miss all the round 2 Arimaa action, here I am stuck in Toronto with no plans.

So if you want a co-commentator, I can offer to help with the Hippo-chessandgo game.
IP Logged

megajester
Forum Guru

Istanbul, Turkey

Email

« Reply #145 on: Feb 25th, 2011, 12:48am »

on Feb 24th, 2011, 4:09pm, Adanac wrote:

For the first time in my life, I've missed a flight and there weren't any reasonable alternative flight times.  So, after thinking that I would miss all the round 2 Arimaa action, here I am stuck in Toronto with no plans.

So if you want a co-commentator, I can offer to help with the Hippo-chessandgo game.

Ouch!!! I once missed a bus and had to pay a private taxi £100 to make it for a flight back to Turkey. One of the most stressful days of my life...

As for the commentary, I hope that like with Fritzlein last week I'll be able to buy some time each move for you to crystallize your thoughts for us. If you have any suggestions for me feel free.
IP Logged

chessandgo
Forum Guru

Arimaa player #1889

« Reply #146 on: Feb 25th, 2011, 5:09am »

I love the "Ruling party shake-up spreading to Arimaa" email, good job Smiley

Also I notice the video is available in many languages but not french. I'm not sure whether I'm the man for the job, but at least I could help with the written translation (and give it a try if now one else wants to voice it). I'm going to look for the proper thread in the forum, that should be a good starting point Smiley

EDIT: oh, I just realize the German and Czech versions are subtitled. I suppose it's an option for french too. The Turkish version kicks ass Smiley And besides the slight background noise, the spanish version rocks too (and I can understand this one, yay ^^).

I just found the BGG contest thread: http://arimaa.com/arimaa/forum/cgi/YaBB.cgi?board=talk;action=display;nu m=1273008173;start=50#50

Is there another thread where translation has been discussed? REEDIT: gah, going global. I'm missing so many threads these days Sad  

REREEDIT: ok, I see everything is actually almost done, good job Smiley I'm the type of guy who's always 3 months late.
« Last Edit: Feb 25th, 2011, 5:36am by chessandgo » IP Logged

Eltripas
Forum Guru

Meh-he-kah-naw

« Reply #147 on: Feb 26th, 2011, 12:16am »

on Feb 25th, 2011, 5:09am, chessandgo wrote:
And besides the slight background noise, the spanish version rocks too (and I can understand this one, yay ^^).

Yeah, sorry about that, I made that recording with the microphone of my cheap video camera, I need to buy decent microphone.
IP Logged
Fritzlein
Forum Guru

Arimaa player #706

Email

« Reply #148 on: Feb 26th, 2011, 1:35am »

on Feb 25th, 2011, 5:09am, chessandgo wrote:
ok, I see everything is actually almost done, good job Smiley I'm the type of guy who's always 3 months late.

I'm clueless too.  Why is the German version only subtitled?  I could read the voiceover in a pinch, but surely we have some native speaker whose accent wouldn't sound as silly as mine...
IP Logged

chessandgo
Forum Guru

Arimaa player #1889

« Reply #149 on: Feb 26th, 2011, 2:35am »

on Feb 26th, 2011, 12:16am, Eltripas wrote:

Yeah, sorry about that, I made that recording with the microphone of my cheap video camera, I need to buy decent microphone.

No it's ok, we hear you fine! Btw, is that a Quake I avatar you have here? Smiley
IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12  13 Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Arimaa Forum » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.